Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Marines Gucci Rebrand

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
PCS is pretty flimsy and doesn't last long in the field.

Young people today... turn'em loose in '85 pattern and see what they think then... (how you could make combat clothing that was heavy, soaked up and retained water like a sponge, yet still managed to fall apart on even a TA weekend, was quite the achievement)

Young people today... turn'em loose in '85 pattern and see what they think then... (how you could make combat clothing that was heavy, soaked up and retained water like a sponge, yet still managed to fall apart on even a TA weekend, was quite the achievement)

Ah, the jacket pockets that everything fell out of, and ability to let in any thorn or briar ....

PCS is pretty flimsy and doesn't last long in the field. I suspect this is really about looking good and getting the RM branding sorted rather than a genuine feeling that PCS is inadequate.

I mean I get that it has flaws but none that need such rectifying that it requires an entire new uniform already.

I'm glad they're prioritising this right now. I'd hate to think that the impending biggest recession we've seen in a while was a reason to stop pointless spending on looking good.

I mean I get that it has flaws but none that need such rectifying that it requires an entire new uniform already.

I'm glad they're prioritising this right now. I'd hate to think that the impending biggest recession we've seen in a while was a reason to stop pointless spending on looking good.

It's like defaulting on the mortgage to go clothes shopping.

Don't forget those ponchos - replaced with the crisp packet effect waterproofs!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

90 pattern was a vast improvement.

Maybe because there’s more of it about?

Are the RNR still cutting about in 4’s? I thought you’d all be in RNPCS by now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone I know now has RNPCS except for a couple who evade it on purpose. But our JSU stores is generally very helpful.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Did anyone ever 'wear' a ponco?

Standfast the 3 amigos.
I wore it on exercise a couple of times as a recruit, purely because it came down to a simple choice of either be cold or be wet and cold, and there was no other layer to put on. I used it mostly for basha construction.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TamH70

MIA
90 pattern was a vast improvement.

Yon was the first issue of smocks with the internal zipped pockets, mahoosive buttons and really stiff fabric when new?

If so, you're right. They were glorious bits of kit.

riksavage

Old-Salt
There was a time that a British degree was considered highly prestigious in China but I hear that's changing with all the ex-polys churning them out. Chinese employers are starting to wonder why graduates are returning clutching a piece of parchment but without having learnt any English or anything about the subject.

We really need to just revert them all to poly status. Nothing wrong with a vocational HNC or HND. Not everything needs to be a degree and not every job even needs a degree. And some of them should just close altogether as pointless.
UK is now the number one destination for PRC overseas students, having taken over from the US.

TamH70

MIA
I still have one somewhere. I preferred it to a 95 pattern smock.

I parlayed bulling a pair of an SQMS's boots into a '90 Pattern smock. I, as the kids say, had mad skillz, y'all. I was one of the few junior ranks in the squadron at the time to have acquired one.

So RNTM 04-008/20 has been released detailing how all this will be worn and fielded.

Big one is that you will be Admin actioned if you loose it and you have to keep a hold of a few sets of PCS as well!

All the tactical flashes and stuff will be worn by those that stay in PCS as well.

And you can wear your Woodley pulley with it!

Did anyone ever 'wear' a poncho?

Standfast the 3 amigos.
yep, RAF basic, instead of ripping you off with tracksuits etc you got a set of the old style blue overalls dms boots and helicopter landing pad so you all loooked the same from day one, poncho for when it rained,poncho is the only thing i wish i had kept.

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
UK is now the number one destination for PRC overseas students, having taken over from the US.

Part of the application process for funding from the Chinese Govt is the position in the international league table of the uni in question. The UK has lots in the top 500, which means we get a lot of students from PRC.

The one I currently work at has just dropped out of that bracket. If it weren't for COVID making it unlikely many would come anyway, this drop would have been seen as a disaster.

The higher prestige UK unis are now hoovering up home students insteas by lowering their acceptance grades, so some of those at risk going bust are low prestige as opposed to badly run (or both).

Is this some modern update of the toggle rope, or an uber-Ally type of karabiner?
I blame auto correct!

Latest Threads