Royal Marines face French counterparts in Exercise Corsican Lion

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Will there be a 'surrender-off'?
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  3. Only after the naked roll matt fighting.
  4. I won't hear word said against the Fusiliers Marins, since they patched up my scalp wound in Sarajevo, a decade and a half ago .

More important, if there is to be naked roll mat fighting, may it please involve french lady nurses at least as comely as the ones in their RAP . . . . . and may it then be on XXXTube and in HD within minutes. . . . .
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I wonder if the royals are going to offer to cater for the frogs - are they aware of the rare delicacy known as les soggy biscuit?
  6. Look, it's the entire amphibious force of the United Kingdom:

Attached Files:

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  7. Fookin' looxury.

Last time I was on ex with Frog troops (OK, it was 30 yrs ago, but it was -20 in Berlin at the time) they were kicked outta the cookhouse tent after brekker, with a canteen full of black coffee going cold on their belt, a kiddy-size shoebox full of pate and cheese in their Bergan, and to top it off, a 30-inch baguette stickin' out of the top, like an antenna. I'm guessing they got hot food once every 48hrs.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

sounds like working with the krauts and their huge packed lunch type rations.
  9. I only did one event with the Hermans - a weekend at their Offizierschule in Hanover.

On the piss from touchdown until 3 am (beer, beer, beer Jagermeister, beer, beer, Campari & Orange . . . .)

Reveille at 6 am.

Breakfast: fist-sized lump of boiled bacon. Bread. Black coffee.

Lunch: err. f'uckall. Unless you count the hiking and the various competition events as some kinda nourishment

Evening Meal: Post-ENDEX Gotterdammerung style (mit blazing braziers) Wurst-und-Bier Fest. Highly therapeutic.

O - then we went downtown.

I think.
  10. Can anyone actually fight realistically if everyone's got their hands up :)
  11. [​IMG]

Gerrofff my ****ing boat!
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. Way ahead of you.
    • Old x 3
    • Show again braincell x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Bullshit x 1
  13. Not "Two years behind you"?
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Fookin looxury when ah were on ex in BAOR with me hallowed E41D we got hot food about once a week- although we always had a brew ready for making.

And as for Ffrench sticks. Yer couldn't beat 4 day old RAOC sliced white loaves going green with mould
  15. Feelin' the lurve.

Dons anorak. "Technically speaking the boat is commanded by the man at the helm, the coxswain. Still he probably gave the order "Get that loafing **** off Guns." Anorak off.
    • Funny Funny x 1