Royal Marines Drill / Ammo Boots

CC_TA

LE
To quote you, perhaps..."You seem to be adversely affected by the Internet, I hope you get some medication before you log off and try reality.”

Might work?

Try it.

'Not sure what happened here’ sounds a bit too much like senility setting in.

Deleting a totally cr*p/Mong post is always an alternative.
I saw what I'd posted but don't remember quoting you. I thought I'd posted that earlier in the day on another thread.

...Senility isn't setting in, I think it's well and truly taken up root :)

Mess Wellingtons. Pull on.

Wellington boots - patent leather officers’ pattern wellington boots may be worn all appropriate occasions.

Aspiring officers can get them with spur boxes fitted as Royal Marine Adjutants can/could take parade on horseback, and Lt Colonels and above wear spurs when in Formal Evening Dress.

Adjutant,Equerries, MilitaryAssistants, Aides-de-Camp and FlagLieutenants wear overalls, wellington
boots and spurs.
Fair point??? Or perhaps continued ignorance of the uninformed.

To enlighten, although described as...Mess Wellingtons are not usually patent leather. Mine certainly were not.

They required a degree of personal effort to achieve that degree of gloss that is considered acceptable...in the mess...for which I was well trained, and applied to my own particular pair. :)
Patent leather or not? Do make your pretty little mind up, Princess.

Last edited:

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Still on the subject of boots. Can anyone remember the name or brand of those fancy black boots that some SNCO's and or officers used to wear with their Mess Kit?

I can't remember whether they were slip on, lace up, or zip up boots, but they looked smarter that the standard bulled black army shoes.

TIA
George Boots

Bought my ammo boots , triple sole in 1981 from silvermans. They were 1955 issue . Lasted 26 years in the mob with me , including the six week drill course in the Guards depot in Pirbright. Gave them to another chap as I left . They were like iron .

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bought my ammo boots , triple sole in 1981 from silvermans. They were 1955 issue . Lasted 26 years in the mob with me , including the six week drill course in the Guards depot in Pirbright. Gave them to another chap as I left . They were like iron .
And as comfortable as vellies...

huscarl

Old-Salt

Latest Threads