Royal Marines - Christmas Contact

Talk about one to tell the grandkids.

Just glad that none of them were hurt and wishing them all the best.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Taliban if you think you'll lower morale today.

<Looking for link>

Just had a sprog bootneck boss on beeb news getting his head down and wishing terry a merry christmas while being zapped. Very casual lol

Plus the standard p+ss taking carol singing, trying to shout the sky pilot out the compound :D

Heathens :D

Seen. Fcuking RPG's on Christmas day. Whatever happened to a good old game of football.

Still did you see the booty who had thrown on his ra ra skirt and tank top.

:D

Nightrained said:
There are places that get attacked every day in Helmand and not just where the marines are. Quite bad out here.
I'm aware of that. The likes of Bastion and Khandahar are getting write ups every other day over the crimbly period so its only fair we mention the others now and then. Normally inf and close support corps types out in the FOB's wondering what day it is.

Benny687 said:
any linky to the vid of this? done a search but not turned anything up...
Same here. Was on the BBC yesterday after dinner. Showed an RM Patrol come under small arms and RPG contact. Bloke returning fire on the LMG and the rupert chin wagging.

Bad_Crow said:
Nightrained said:
There are places that get attacked every day in Helmand and not just where the marines are. Quite bad out here.
I'm aware of that. The likes of Bastion and Khandahar are getting write ups every other day over the crimbly period so its only fair we mention the others now and then. Normally inf and close support corps types out in the FOB's wondering what day it is.

Not just Marines and INF out in the FOBS. Half of the people out there are from Corps.

I heard the Marines were quite upset and shed a few tears on Christmas, not because they were contacted, but because santa never visited them and that they never had a gym at the FOB. *runs away*

Nightrained said:
Bad_Crow said:
Nightrained said:

Not just Marines and INF out in the FOBS. Half of the people out there are from Corps.

I heard the Marines were quite upset and shed a few tears on Christmas, not because they were contacted, but because santa never visited them and that they never had a gym at the FOB. *runs away*
I take it you chose to read whatever you wanted to when you quoted my post. I distincly remember typing in the above bold. Jump down off the high horse i know its not only the Inf getting splatted. However Inf always live at the top of that sh1tty little trying of sh1t jobs allocation.

F

fozzy

I've noticed Caroline Wyatt's reports on the BBC News popping up all over the Christmas period. Good for you Caroline. I think it was the 2nd item yesterday after the lead item on The Christmas Message from The Boss.

Bad_Crow said:
Nightrained said:
Bad_Crow said:
Nightrained said:

I take it you chose to read whatever you wanted to when you quoted my post. I distincly remember typing in the above bold. Jump down off the high horse i know its not only the Inf getting splatted. However Inf always live at the top of that sh1tty little trying of sh1t jobs allocation.
From my experience, there was very little to differentiate from the cap badges deployed out on the ground or in the FOB's/PB's. I lived at FOB Arnhem and FOB Robinson on and off for 3 months and we had every cap badge comin in and out. Many of the corp boys steppin in to patrols to give the grunts some down time. I know my unit had at least 30 blokes out on the ground at any one time including 2 in the Brigade Recce Force and about 15 attached to the Booty's Armoured Support Troop in the Viking's. Ah! Good times.

A lot less scope for Remfing it.