Royal Marines chefs feed the front line

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Jun 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

thats nowt, RM chefs feed 3 thousand plus ignorant savages this weekend and next weekend.

SR-MC.co.uk | Sun Run, Malvern Challenge Offical Site

it looks like something I imagine leonidas looked out on before the end.

much respect and all they get out of it is the abilty to chat up/shag a few leaders and give some recruiting info out.

3. Oh thank God. For a horrible moment i thought the guy who drip feeds Geobbalsvomit had redundascised himself however I wake up to hear that cooks are cooking for people. Balence is restored.

4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well I've been getting messages all night, the chefs have got pissed on cheap beer and kicked of as usual which takes half the night to round them up and herd them back to their pen, next week will be worse as its the 14-25 year olds most of whom are gagging for it.

I have been trying to persuade my missus to ask them who ate the soggy biscuit without telling her the meaning :)

5. "Corporal Lee Sutton using a temperature probe on some chicken"

Yep it looks raw and the probe confirms it.

6. Have these guys just been spammed to be a chef whilst on tour, or have they actually been trained to do it on top of their stint at CTC?

7. When passing through St Omer many moons ago, there were a few booty chefs training there alongside their RN counterparts.
    Not sure whether it was the norm though or if things have changed.

8. I mentioned this on another thread, about how the booties get spammed for whatever jobs need filling regardless of their preference.
    But they will be trained up, rather than just pinged on tour, and they can knock up some pretty decent scran as well.

9. Marines are Marines first then they may get pinged to be a certain trade. Sigs,Techs, VM, Chefs they do everything and are usually very good at it.

10. And others.

I know, I was just pointing out that the CO seemed to indicate they'd put their rifles in the corner, and started cooking with nought but bayonet and the rudimentary idea of cooking makes food warm...

They're alright, but usually only basically trained. They rely on pongos for the indepth skills.

11. HHH

HHH LE

Would the chefs not be better to feed the other Marines, rather than a front line

12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I always wondered why the RM had these support trades. Surely by definition (and by tradition) they would be Infantrymen who are supported by Naval personnel? Can't the RN provide 3 Cdo Bde with Chefs, suitably 'daggered up', if that really is still a requirement?

It must be a real blow for a lad who joins up to b a lean, mean commando to get through that rigorous training only to find out that he's going to be a chef (and that no offense to slops!) or some such.

13. Errr, no they don't..the RM chefs do exactly the same course as any other chefs in the Military.

The guys who become chefs in the Corps are sometimes pinged or perhaps have a med condition,a good friend knew because of his eyesight he'd go on to be a chef at the end of training. Others have got fed up with their trades and transferred across.