• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Royal Marines and the Royal Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there was an RM streetlining contingent and one officer and one SNCO were Pathliners at the West Door when the Duke and Duchess left the Abbey. RM Band Collingwood also took part.

"Apologies then, for missing them, I thought they may have been banned in case they took the piss out of Edward."

Nasty, though we all heard the Story in my time.
I did see the Booty Band and I am 100% sure the out of step gang where not Regular Navy just some Navy "TA" ish sort'

john

would elements of RM ever deploy to an event like this in civvies?

I remember an old photo (dianas funeral possibly) of a guy in civies walkie in hand with a police style warrent holder in top pocket of shirt, the crest was a standard RM capbadge

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Just remember that unlike the Army which has loads of blokes on shore in UK who can be pulled off other duties for this sort of thing (necessarily, because UK needs a reserve of bods in case something unexpected happens), the RN should be running with no spare hands at all ashore except for those under training at various levels, and their training staff. The days of a sort of manning pool sculling around litter-picking in barracks have long gone.

Just remember that unlike the Army which has loads of blokes on shore in UK who can be pulled off other duties for this sort of thing (necessarily, because UK needs a reserve of bods in case something unexpected happens), the RN should be running with no spare hands at all ashore except for those under training at various levels, and their training staff. The days of a sort of manning pool sculling around litter-picking in barracks have long gone.
Fcuk off!!! Most of the Navy are sat around in concrete frigates, not wanting to go to sea because they get seasick!!! Ever been to Nelson? Millions of the fcukers.

RM were from 40 Cdo I believe. With most of 3 Cdo away at present.

Stop, you're making my skin crawl.
Your Band Service School is there too isn't it? Is it 'have you ever been to Nelson?' Or 'have you ever been on Nelson?'.

I did run ashore down the gang plank a few times to get to the pub down the way that does 55% discount to sailors... and soldiers apparently.

Your Band Service School is there too isn't it? Is it 'have you ever been to Nelson?' Or 'have you ever been on Nelson?'.
**** knows. If they are they probably deserve it, but they were still training at Deal when I left.

I have only knowingly "been to Nelson" for PET for HMS Intrepid. Though 'we' did go to the gronks ball when we were alongside though. Young sailors are prettier than the pompey [*cough] ladies [*cough]

..."on Nelson"; can't remember all the names, but I don't remember her.

Re comment on RNR, all were Regular RN as far as I am aware. I spotted one policeman at Buckingham Palace with TELIC, TEM and VRSM and another with Cyprus and Cadet Medal. All military who were on parade, with exception of RN/RM and RAF, were from units already doing ceremonial in/around London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads