Royal Marines and the Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bollock-chops, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I saw no Pith helmets today, were any Marines present? I saw RN ticktocking out of step as per though, was this the total naval contingent?
  2. Wasn't their band there?
  3. Yes there was an RM streetlining contingent and one officer and one SNCO were Pathliners at the West Door when the Duke and Duchess left the Abbey. RM Band Collingwood also took part.
  4. I caught a quick sight of a RM band, but only for a second or two.
  5. Apologies then, for missing them, I thought they may have been banned in case they took the piss out of Edward.
  6. "Apologies then, for missing them, I thought they may have been banned in case they took the piss out of Edward."

Nasty, though we all heard the Story in my time.
    I did see the Booty Band and I am 100% sure the out of step gang where not Regular Navy just some Navy "TA" ish sort'

7. You mean the RNR then :-D
  8. getting blues'd up for 10 hours or getting on the shant....I'd go the stella route thankque
  9. "You mean the RNR then "

Suppose I do, but who ever they where they where Terrible, or just out of the Boozer.

10. would elements of RM ever deploy to an event like this in civvies?

I remember an old photo (dianas funeral possibly) of a guy in civies walkie in hand with a police style warrent holder in top pocket of shirt, the crest was a standard RM capbadge
  11. Yeah, my mates in the Royal Marines Band Collingwood were there, but feedback from them suggests it wasn't that great, didn't get to see much.
  12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Yep spotted them
    Well done them and the Navy for not surrendering to any of the other uniformed services present
  13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Just remember that unlike the Army which has loads of blokes on shore in UK who can be pulled off other duties for this sort of thing (necessarily, because UK needs a reserve of bods in case something unexpected happens), the RN should be running with no spare hands at all ashore except for those under training at various levels, and their training staff. The days of a sort of manning pool sculling around litter-picking in barracks have long gone.
  14. Fcuk off!!! Most of the Navy are sat around in concrete frigates, not wanting to go to sea because they get seasick!!! Ever been to Nelson? Millions of the fcukers.

RM were from 40 Cdo I believe. With most of 3 Cdo away at present.
  15. Pleased to say I've managed to avoid bobbing about on the oggin since TELIC 1 :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.