Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Marines accommodation in Lympstone reaches milestone

The Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) project to build new accommodation for personnel at the Commando Training Centre Royal Marines (CTCRM) in Devon has celebrated a major milestone.

Continue reading...

Dread

LE
Come on, the MoD has spent all that money on personnel accomodation, it's earmarked for closure now.
Based on most experience with Army renovations, I'm expecting news that the illegal migrants will be moved in within the next 2 months and CTCRM moves to the disused Army barracks that have just re-opened to house refugees (because I'm guessing within a month a human rights lawyer will have claimed that the formerly disused barracks are unfit for human habitation.

Based on most experience with Army renovations, I'm expecting news that the illegal migrants will be moved in within the next 2 months and CTCRM moves to the disused Army barracks that have just re-opened to house refugees (because I'm guessing within a month a human rights lawyer will have claimed that the formerly disused barracks are unfit for human habitation.
A more relevant comparison perhaps being, comparing the rehousing to the accommodation they left to come to the UK?

Putting them into hotels was rather like pouring petrol on a fire, and a really really stupid signal to send the ones back home.

Just imagine the postcard to the rest of the relatives in France . "Just stepped off the rubber boat and look at this!!!!!!!!"

DIO project manager, Royal Navy and Galliford Try colleagues celebrate SLA construction at CTCRM Lympstone reaching its highest point.

The project is worth approximately £10-million in total and will see the creation of a 181-bed block for junior ranks as well as supporting facilities, such as a communal area and administrative offices, at the site near Lympstone. The accommodation will comprise of 21 eight-bed rooms and one ten-bed unit

Er, if its eight and ten bed rooms, it isn't Single Living Accommodation - or have I missed something?

Sexton Blake

War Hero
DIO project manager, Royal Navy and Galliford Try colleagues celebrate SLA construction at CTCRM Lympstone reaching its highest point.

The project is worth approximately £10-million in total and will see the creation of a 181-bed block for junior ranks as well as supporting facilities, such as a communal area and administrative offices, at the site near Lympstone. The accommodation will comprise of 21 eight-bed rooms and one ten-bed unit

Er, if its eight and ten bed rooms, it isn't Single Living Accommodation - or have I missed something?
Is that a wah?

It’s ‘single’ on the basis that it’s not ‘families’ accommodation, not ‘single’ on the basis of single rooms

It’s multi occupancy X type

In_Twists

Old-Salt
It’s ‘single’ on the basis that it’s not ‘families’ accommodation, not ‘single’ on the basis of single rooms

It’s multi occupancy X type

Yeah. The 'Singlies Accommodation' is simply where the single soldiers live. Not single bunks.
FFS, can you imagine the horrors of a Royal in his own pit space!!!

1601135302540.png

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

War Hero

Sexton Blake

War Hero
No, honest. Was not meant to be.

SLA, to me, is this: Accommodation | Royal Navy
SLA comes in X,Y & Z type
Z is single room permanent
(And other legacy versions based on fitting what can be fitted)

X & Y are multi occupancy for training (and CTC is of course a training establishment)
Y is 4 sharing with desk work spaces
Basic X is 8 bed space, then there are 10, 12 etc
In the Navy X type is also ‘pre sea’ accommodation

Latest Threads