Royal Marine killed in afghan 20/2/08

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hetfield, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking news on news 24, no link yet...

2. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7255896.stm

Last Updated: Wednesday, 20 February 2008, 21:38 GMT

UK marine killed in Afghanistan

A British marine has been killed in an explosion in southern Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence has said.
    The marine, who served with 40 Commando Royal Marines, was pronounced dead at the scene, an MoD spokesperson said.

The blast took place in the Helmand province where the marine's battle group was on patrol, the MoD added.

Another marine was injured but was described by the MoD as "walking wounded". Next of kin of all personnel have been informed.

3. RIP Bootneck....

4. RIP

You did your country proud!

For Queen and Country!

5. RIP, you make me proud,

Duncan

6. RIP Booty.

As always deepest sympathy to your loved ones.

7. RIP, mine and Mrs Stilts thoughts go out to your family and friends at this very sad time.

Stilts

8. RIP Royal.
    Condolences to family and friends.
    PS

9. O Eternal Lord God,who through many generations hast united and inspired the members of our Corps,grant thy blessings we beseech thee,on Royal Marines serving all round the globe.
    Bestow Thy crown of righteousness upon all our efforts and endevours,and may our laurels be those of gallantry and honour,loyalty and courage.We ask these in the Name of Him whose courage never failed,our redeemer Jesus Christ

RIP Marine

10. RIP.

God Bless

11. Hey Royal.....Stand easy, its over RIP

12. oh God I was dreading this, I spared a thought yesturday as to how no Royal Marines have been killed yet in their tour of Afghan, the good can not last.

RIP Marine, your war is over man.

13. God bless you and yours now rest.

Pride & Honour