Royal Marine KIA Afghanistan - 191006

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by whiffler, Oct 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First report R4 08:00, one LR ablaze, casualties likely.

Edited to add that it's in Lashkar Gar (Helmand), Sky reporting it's an aid convoy. BBC still saying soldiers involved.

2. I knew this was going to be Afganistan... Suicide will be the way where conventional ambush can't work for the forseeable. RIP.

3. Fuller report on BBC page. No British deaths thankfully. Possibly no deaths at all, but varioues injuries.

4. Very sensible putting a date in the heading of this thread. Some of these threads continue causing unnecessary alarm for days and weeks. Obviously not for me to say, but it would be great if more posters would consider following Whiffler's good example when starting a thread of this nature.

5. Just been mentioned on Sky News that the MoD have confirmed the death of a Royal Marine in Helmand province.

Link HERE

RIP :(

Edited for link and RM.

6. RIP, thoughts with the family.

7. Breaking news from the BBC - a Royal Marine has been killed in suicide-bomber attack on a NATO convoy.

Rest In Peace.

My sincere condolences to those who grieve and my best wishes for full and speedy recoveries to the wounded.

8. Running on the latest: banner on BBC too, still no link.

RIP "We Will Remember Them"Link Here

Edited to add link

9. Not another one, god bless them. RIP mate.

Mr and Mrs Armadillo and Deefer the dog.

Thoughts with your family.

10. FFS here we go again...

RIP big fella, thoughts go out to his family and friends.

11. RIP lad

12. Royal Marine dies of injuries.

RIP mate

13. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

God Bless.