Royal Marine Commandos or Army?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Peter_G, Jun 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In a good few months I will be old enough to sign up, the thing is that I'm not sure which to go for, I know the minimum age for the RMC is 17 and for the army 16, but if I join the army at 16 and do my service I'd leave the day before my 21st, could I then try to join the RMC? and would it be a good age to? All advice appreciated.
  2. Any particular reason you want to leave the Army the day before your 21st?

Are you worried that the birthday party will get out of hand?
  3. RMC = The Royal Military College. I think you would be better of using RM which is the abbreviation of HM Royal Marines.
  4. erm, no, nothing to do with my 21st, just that that's what it said on the army website.
  5. It is possible to serve as a Commando within the Army. You'll even get a nifty Army Commando flash to wear if you get posted to 3 Cdo Bde.
  6. Join the RAF reg the other elite formation dont beleive me just ask one of them hope this helps.
  7. hahaha, god damn your signature gives me such a hard on. :D
  8. Seeing as you're on an ARMY website, then i reckon you should go for the booties......... :roll:
  9. Am I wrong in stating that adult service starts on your 18th birthday, and that a soldier must serve 3 years before signing off, hence completing four years service? If that is indeed the case, put the 21st birthday celebrations on ice.......