Royal Marine awarded the CGC

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by Tinman74, May 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well done that man. Condolences to family, team-mates and friends.

By Strength and Guile

2. There can't be a lot of people winning CGCs in their forties - what a warlord!

3. very much a warrior. RIP

4. RIP

Remarkable example of loyalty

5. Well done that braveheart! RIP

6. RIP fella.

bit dusty in here actualy.

7. Gone but not forgotten RIP

8. A brave man.

9. Speaks volumes about the MAN (bounding atop a bloody high wall in the midst of a very heavy firefight) and the level of maturity and depth of experience of your THEM.

In the US from my experience a 40 year old Corporal (back in the day, as I don't think such anomalies even exist given the modern military zero tolerance for "characters") suggests an "elevator" career pattern where the man's uniform sleeves bore the marks of the stitching of a number of differing combinations of chevrons and his service record book was as thick as the NYC phonebook.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not sure about the frogs especially the ones I met in the 80's didnt worry much about rank but in the SAS you used to start as trooper and then pick up promotion in the unit regardless of former rank.
    That meant that 35 year old troopers werent unheard of and werent necessarily characters in the discipline world.

11. And there are those Career climbers who would look down on a 42 year old Cpl!!!!!!

Outstanding Bravery clearly a sad loss to his family and mates.

R,I,P

12. My point exactly!

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I served under a CSM whose No 2 dress was tatty to say the least, he had been a sgt about 3 times being bust twice once back to buckshee. Character yes, **** of the highest order too but no doubt he loved me too!

14. Outstanding bravery. Rest in Peace to Cpl Stephens and my condolences to his family.