• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Royal logistic corps

Hi, i'm new here

Thinking of joining the t.a or regular army in logistics. of the ones i'm thinking of, port operator, boat crew, storeman along those kind of jobs. it says no formal qualifications needed, for logistics do you have to do the ''Technical Selection Test'' aswell as the others.

also do any of them jobs have to foot patrols, if sent to afghan.

thanks.

charlie

C

cloudbuster

Hate to be controvertial, but have you thought about contacting the Army Careers Information Office for information on Army careers?

G

goatrutar

What if you don't have any feet?
Choose your response carefully as you don't want to breach equal opportunity legislation.

M

Mark The Convict

Then you can't have webbed toes, which means that your Maralinga/Woodridge origins will be less readily apparent.

Had a port Op as my top gunner last time out, He insisted on signing about 'bottles 'o rum all the time. odd ******.

As for your trade, where are you, do any local units have those trades or are going speciallist?

There are a load of changes due to happen with RLC TA in the near future..

However this really need not affect you at the moment. I would just get on with the recruiting process at Grantham. They will be in the best position to inform you of your choices as you go through the selection process..

In general terms, the emphasis seems to be swinging more towards the supplier trades and away from the driver and mover side.

However, as always, we will have to wait until the music stops..! (When of course someone will then strike up a new tune and we will be off again..!)

I've not heard anything about a move away from driver trade but my unit has just been granted permission to double in size as a driver transport unit. And we're getting plenty in through the door.

I've not heard anything about a move away from driver trade but my unit has just been granted permission to double in size as a driver transport unit. And we're getting plenty in through the door.
The uncharitable may interpret this as a drowning man grasping at straws...!

However the decision is not yet out, so any current actions can only be speculative...

Hate to be controvertial, but have you thought about contacting the Army Careers Information Office for information on Army careers?
151 (London) Transport Regiment (Volunteers) - British Army Website and going to call them tomorrow.
[h=1][/h]

Had a port Op as my top gunner last time out, He insisted on signing about 'bottles 'o rum all the time. odd ******.

As for your trade, where are you, do any local units have those trades or are going speciallist?
i'm in south ockendon, it's in essex. about 5 minutes from the Qe2 bridge.

do you know of any close that do the trades.

closest t.a centre is in iflord and theres a afco there aswell, and the closest t.a unit is in west ham. not sure if they do the trades i'm looking, but will ring and ask.

Telephone: 0800 5876585

or e-mail:

recruitingoffice@rlc-ta.info

or write to

Recruiting Centre HQ RLC TA

Prince William of Gloucester Barracks

Grantham

Lincs NG31 7TJ

Latest Threads