Royal logistic corps

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ck91, Nov 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, i'm new here

Thinking of joining the t.a or regular army in logistics. of the ones i'm thinking of, port operator, boat crew, storeman along those kind of jobs. it says no formal qualifications needed, for logistics do you have to do the ''Technical Selection Test'' aswell as the others.

also do any of them jobs have to foot patrols, if sent to afghan.

thanks.

charlie

2. Hate to be controvertial, but have you thought about contacting the Army Careers Information Office for information on Army careers?

3. Considering that Afghanistan is landlocked - in the 16th century - there's not much call for port operators. Feet are a must.

4. What if you don't have any feet?
    Choose your response carefully as you don't want to breach equal opportunity legislation.

5. Then you can't have webbed toes, which means that your Maralinga/Woodridge origins will be less readily apparent.

6. I know a port op (a tom) who did quite a bit of FOB hopping.

7. Ah woodridge. Very classy indeed. Would rather live at maralinga.

8. Too late, I've already started litigation proceedings.

9. Had a port Op as my top gunner last time out, He insisted on signing about 'bottles 'o rum all the time. odd ******.

As for your trade, where are you, do any local units have those trades or are going speciallist?

10. There are a load of changes due to happen with RLC TA in the near future..

However this really need not affect you at the moment. I would just get on with the recruiting process at Grantham. They will be in the best position to inform you of your choices as you go through the selection process..

In general terms, the emphasis seems to be swinging more towards the supplier trades and away from the driver and mover side.

However, as always, we will have to wait until the music stops..! (When of course someone will then strike up a new tune and we will be off again..!)

11. Any idea which trades will be lost in this great RLC TA shake up?

12. Nope..

It could end up with no trades being lost, and just a re-balancing of units and numbers...!

We shall just have to wait and see..

13. No bad news? I've never come across a situation like this before!

14. I've not heard anything about a move away from driver trade but my unit has just been granted permission to double in size as a driver transport unit. And we're getting plenty in through the door.

15. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

What, nobody is going to tell those poor chunkies we don't know what they do and why they still exist?