Royal Lancers on BBC News Channel Tonight (20/12/10)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jack-daniels, Dec 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen a trailer for a documentary on the BBC News Channel tonight at 2030.

2. Cheers for that JD. Pity it's only on for 30 mins though.

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Repeated 24/12 21:30 if you miss this broadcast.

4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

5. Aaagh in the office....bugger...

6. Why two white soldiers and two black soldiers? Is the Lancers a 50/50 mix?

7. I was more outraged that the tom is a Gwa.
    However I think its more about jobs, Tony Gould was the SSM in Bowlan super sangar and there was a black female medic (Cant remember if its the same one), so maybe its just a coincidence that its 50-50.

8. I don't think so to be honest. The whole nation knows we have a diverse army. Why the BBC or MoD feel the need to shove it down our throats I don't know.

9. There were a couple of others that should have been on, but one was from up north hence the need for a terp or subtitles and the other was from cornwall and he lost his passport.

10. Tony Gould was a trooper in my troop in Munster. A seriously good bloke and very well liked. He was one of only two black soldiers at the time and it was genuinely no problem, he gave as good as he got from the word go and slotted straight in. Never a hint of playing on it, but I would expect no less from him - gave up a career with Norwich City to join us.

I think the ethnic mix was more to do with personalities rather than PC - Tony is a lynchpin as SSM and the medic was the only woman.

I thought it was a good programme, but 30 minutes is not enough time to cover a full tour - should have been 60 at least, or else a series.

11. You do know alot of the ethnic minority population still think The Army is almost fully white? Put it down to ignorance or whatever but why is it a problem for you? If it's not an issue and you dont think colour is an issue why even give it a second thought? To add it is good to show to the ignorant that there is ethnics in The Army who have done well in their career which will help educate and let them see they can be successfull serving. Where is the problem?

12. Again would you have felt more happy there being only white soldiers, them being all black or show the reality Of what the British Army is "diverse"? Where is the problem?

13. The British Army is diverse but it's not a 50/50 mix of whites and non whites. I'd have been more happy it the media shown a true reflection. I've answered your question.

14. You still here chalky? Have you apologised yet for sending abusive PMs to soldier's wives?

15. Why is there no complaints then when i have seen many documentaries with no females or a token ethnic? That is not a true reflection, i dont care about PC politics or any diversity crap, however when there is no reason to point out the ratio of blacks and whites or any ethnic it seems there is a underlying agenda.