Royal Jersey Militia

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by blue-sophist, Dec 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

It's all part of a fund-raising exercise in support of the Royal British legion's Poppy Appeal 2008. See more at THIS THREAD

It has been recently suggested that Jersey provided a formed body of troops which accompanied Duke William in 1066. You were conquered by the Jersey Militia? Surely not!!

Attached Files:

2. They were our enemy on the last Bn exercise we did. Hmmm!
  3. blue-sophist

We may be small, but we do our bit!!
    And a safe New Year to the 7 from the Militia who are currently serving in a sandy place, and well done to the 4 who were safely back from 'Stan in time for Christmas.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Funny that a mate from Pigs hill served with the TA RE in Jersey but before he joined us in 85. The women at RJM hq said that was impossible but my mate was adamant.
    His old man was 1 DCLI before and during the war, going in the bag at Bir Hakim?
  5. blue-sophist

PM the details if you wish, I'll get it checked.
    "Ve haf contacts".

My niece was briefly a member, before she went off to be a firefighter.
    Strange but adorable lass ... incredibly intelligent, pretty, and not at all built like a horse. She has prohibited me from posting a picture here, though.
  6. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

We wont tell her if you dont Mr Sophist sir....

Anyway, wish i had read your guide a year ago. Went to Jersey for our honeymoon in April, and stayed in Bouley Bay. Loved the place, so any hints and tips on moving there would be appreciated!
  7. blue-sophist

Have lots of money or an essential job!!

PM if you're serious!!