Royal Irish

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Luco90, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Long time member, frugal poster. After having quite a thorough look through the forum as a whole, wasn't quite sure where as to post this, so feel free to point me in the right direction if needed. Anyway, I'm currently in the process of joining the Royal Irish. Have my final interview on the 20th of February, breezed through pre-selection so confident of gaining an A grade at selection. Anyway enough yarning, straight to the point. Is the Royal Irish likely to do another tour of Afghanistan? As I would be quite dissapointed if I didn't get the chance to experience it. Would be grateful for any information from anyone in the know. Thanks again:thumright:

2. go Rifles and you will definitely go to Afghan - they will load you into which ever battalion is headed there when you pass out (not 2 or 5 Rifles).

plenty of Irish in the Rifles too.

3. For the sake of OpSec the information isn't out in the public domain. But if you speak to people in the know they'll answer the question for you.
    Just remember, don't choose a Battalion just because of Op tours etc. Go with what you think is right for you. Location, history, family ties, role etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.