Royal Irish Rifles Museum Belfast

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by fairy_nuff, Jun 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I popped over to Belfast at the weekend to visit the Royal Irish Rifles Museum as my great Grandad was in the 86th Regiment of Foot, my Grandad was in the Royal Irish Rifles and my Dad was in the Royal Ulster Rifles. I contacted the curator ahead and requested a search was done of their records to see if my boys were mentioned anywhere, and my Grandfather was. 60% of all the records were lost in WW2 due to bombing, so I was lucky to find anything. Nice little museum with interesting pieces. Some photos attached I hope.

Attached Files:

2. Is that the museum in Waring Street around the corner from the Albert clock.
  3. Yes. I stayed at the Premier Inn so fell out of bed straight into the museum
  4. HHH

HHH LE

I hope you didn't hang about the Albert Clock on your visit! :)

5. No didn't want to push it over anymore. Did have a nice lunch in the Crown though
    • Like Like x 1
  6. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

There's been loads of complaints about the standards of the grub there this last while. I hope it's got better. They seem to be turning it into a tourist wetherspoons with some really strange decisions on which beer and cider to stock
  7. Do Belfast people actually drink in it?
  8. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is it cavorting with the prossies or with the sailors that has you worried? Just what are you implying?
  10. I had sauceages, champ and a pint of Guiness for £8 and it was very nice on a wet day in Belfast
  11. Great live music in there, had a brilliant night in there christmas time
  12. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Nah , It wasn't the Albert clock. It was a nice wee bar in sailortown called DuBarrys.
  13. Try it today and won't be a prossie you pick up.
  14. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Aye but thats the one in Gresham street, where Joe Kavanaghs used to be. Now if it was still in Sailortown I would understand it changing tradition.