royal irish reg

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by edd71, Apr 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the RIR in March 2005 after serving 12 years.
    I feel greeved that this settlement package was mentioned only 6 months after I left and that the Mod had known about it for some time.
    Although I resigned of my own accord I feel that I should have been advised differently as my decision to leave would have been alot different.
    Is there anyone else out there in the same situation and if so have you seeked any legal advise on this matter.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Edd

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Surely the purpose of the compensation is to compensate those who are losing thier jobs and job prospects as a result of Govt policy. You have chosen your path, they are being forced down a path they don't want to travel.

3. Mate there is a guy in 3RIR who finishes his 22 years in July 2007, just before the disbandment. He's not getting it either. You made your decision to leave. As cold as it sounds, unlucky.

4. Bossdog,

Sorry but you are wrong mate - any R IRISH (HS) officer or soldier (Full Time) serving on 31 Aug 06 will qualify for the FIS/FAS package plus the ex-gratia payment.
    So your mate in 3 R IRISH (if he stays until his last day of service) will receive his normal end of service package + the ex-gratia payment.

edd71,

Unlucky mate. The line has been drawn in the sand as 31 Aug 06. As you will have left 17 months before this date there is no legal redress you can make. Sorry chum.

FAB

TZA

5. why is this regiment being disbanded, why not incoperate it in to a regular army regiment?its not the UDR and there must be a lot of good soldiers with real experience with in its ranks

6. I'm glad, that means he gets a better pay out! Haven't spoken to him since before February but thats how he thought he stood then.

Cheers

7. I think the problem is that the Royal Irish Regiment HS Bns. were originally the UDR, which means that it is politically expedient and acceptable to disband them. Any wider military considerations are being overriden.

8. The guys were asked if they would like to transfer to regular regiments. A few are in the process of doing so. Most would rather take the redundancy and run......

9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Completly different topic but still on RIR, just read Rules of engagement, by tim collins, an ex CO of 1bn. What was he really like, as hard as he sounds?