Royal Heir Farce (Or Showing Ones Girlfriend Ones Chopper)

Complete non story from the NOTW

Story? What story..... red top making something out of nothing as per normal.

They may be non-stories but it is a poor lack of judgement from Prince William and the RAF CoC that allowed both this and the stag party trip.

maybe phillip will give him a chauffeur, it sorted his mother out nicely.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
From the same article:
Nudes of the World said:
Harry persuaded female guests at the hotel to balance as many CDs on their nipples as possible, cheering loudly when one managed eight discs.
Good skills by young Harry - IF it's true.

Was the "reporter" there ?
Or - and may I be struck down for daring to imagine this - could it be a headline grabbing fantasy ?

Not a non-story at all IF TRUE. Quite a few people have f**ked up to allow this to happen.

MoD Press: Why expose the heir apparent and the MoD to claims of favouritism and excess by allowing this to happen? If he was deploying on ops then a last tearful hug with his girlfriend would have been cheeky but actually a good story. But a stag party FFS.

I take it that this was a base commander's auth - and that the HLS was recce'd and local plod informed. Those are some of the rules and with those rules come costs. So someone quite high up allowed this to happen. William is not CTR on Chinook, so the landing would have also been instructional under a QHI. Into a private and potentially unrecce'd site? Procedures exist for this sort of stuff but there has to be a better reason than court and social.

Odiham is not a VIP airhead and at a time when worthy people in MoD are screaming for extra resources such as CH47 they are not likely to appreciate one being visibly used as a stag-shuttle bus.

Bad calls all round. There's a Royal Flight for such purposes and the green stuff goes off and fights wars. For people looking for signs that the future king is going to be able to exercise the same grace, judgement and impeccable style to the job of kingship as his grandmother these are sad stories to read.

[Tabloid caveat applies - if true :roll: ]

This must surely be the opportunity to start a new thread where the old and bold can fess up to the many off piste aviation events they have taken part in, and how they got away with it. I can recall quite a few, a Lynx wasn't the quietest choice for many jollies but it did have enough room in the back for domestic freight, straw bales, dogs etc. And as for unrecced , unauthorised landings, thats how we learn.

It's a non story, VM.

Standard training sortie with Will as a pax and dropped off. (Dunno if the sortie was planned with it in mind or if they just dumped him at the most convinient HLS on the flight plan.)

Done it myself, it's not unsual. I would've thought it was so in the AAC?

DPM_Sheep said:
It's a non story, VM.

Standard training sortie with Will as a pax and dropped off. (Dunno if the sortie was planned with it in mind or if they just dumped him at the most convinient HLS on the flight plan.)

Done it myself, it's not unsual. I would've thought it was so in the AAC?
Depends how many pizza you want. :D

Good skills i say. What better way to impress your missus. We would all do it if we had half the opportunity.

Come on, now. If your mum owned a whirly, wouldn't you want a shot?

Ha ha ha. One minute you are whining that you haven't got good enough kit or are sick of back to back tours. Next minute you think its a good idea that this stuffed shirt can be indulged to the extent that he can use military resources to get a pog from his vacuous bimbo bint. :x

If you did this, you'd be tapping the boards. RAF CoC should be ashamed of themselves. I hope their OBEs are worth the hypocracy. :evil:

Suddick said:
Ha ha ha. One minute you are whining that you haven't got good enough kit or are sick of back to back tours. Next minute you think its a good idea that this stuffed shirt can be indulged to the extent that he can use military resources to get a pog from his vacuous bimbo bint. :x

If you did this, you'd be tapping the boards. RAF CoC should be ashamed of themselves. I hope their OBEs are worth the hypocracy. :evil:
Crap

The RAF have been combining training sorties with drop offs, transporting extras and the like for years. My old man got a lift home and was winched into the garden when I was a kid..... all very exiting. I've even had to pick up a couple of RAF officers who flew into a civvy airport with their Hawk, went to a mess do and then flew back to the UK on the Monday.

Just because the papers decided this was the sole reserve of a royal misusing the system it gets in the paper.

Pilots are obliged to conduct a minimum amount of flying hours per month inc recceing new HLS's or flying over water. I see nothing in this report to say they've done anything wrong.....except of course attracting the wrong sort of media attention!

It's his grannies helicopter!! Nobody complains when someone borrow's their nan's Mini Metro

Is this even true? Red tops have a habit of constructing complete crap at every opportunity and, frankly, neither the military insider or royal source talk in the manner we would expect. Anyone else heard a royal press officer or equerry say "its one of the most macho things...he hasn't lost his hunger to impress kate."

Not sure if theres a kernel of truth in there somewhere, but as a whole the article is laughable.

Come on guys over to the AVIATION forum where this this same thread has been running all week. History repeating itself a bit like the subject of this thread. We had all this when Charles was starting out on his "Military " training seem to remember he stopped messing with aeroplanes when he took a BAe 146 for a walk across the grass have stuffed up the landing!!.Funny though I keep seeing referances to the Monarch owning the machines he, Prince William is flying, I always thought they belonged to us the TAX payers surley its our money that buys them. It also pay :) s for the forces to be trained. Question....... How many out there would be prepared to even pay a fraction of the costs involved in their training. Tell you what its not uncommon in civvy st...