Royal Green Jackets - Cap Badge

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by twicer, Apr 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am preparing a presentation piece for someone and have been scouring the internet for a good picture of an RGJ cap badge. Two questions.... did the RGJ officers have a cloth badge or did they just wear a metal one? Does anyone know where I can get a picture of one to be etched on glass?

Cheers, Twicer
  2. PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a couple of different versions. All ranks wore the same badge as all ranks were Riflemen.
  3. How about

Attached Files:

4. :D lmfao
  5. are you really?
  6. I thought theirs was a trumpet superimposed on a Padre's badge?
  7. Thanks to all. Got what I was after.

8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I know where you live! I have a mini moke and I'm not afraid to use it! B'stard. :lol:
  9. I wondered where mine went. Didn't you say that the Green Jackets were "petty thieves?" :wink:
  10. Whilst on the subject, did anyone attend the unveiling of the new RGJ Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum down in Sunny Staffordshire? Was a good day all round polished off with a march passed from the Old & Bold. Was a privelage to of attended it and only makes me want to be part of the new Regiment ever so much more.
  11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I misspelled. Should have read 'pretty thieves' Incidentally, I've just had my shvel sharpened. Do you have any Danish blood in you?
  12. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Thoroughly enjoyable day.

I was very impressed with the Arboretum. If you look closely you can see me in the march past photos on the Association page.
  13. Shall take a look! Two of my lads are on the first picture standing behind the Memorial. Hopefully some good pictures in next months 'Soldier' Magazine. Was a pleasure and privelage to of attended the uneiling. :)