Royal Green jacket Photo Archive

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by rgjbloke, Mar 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I did a search couldn't find anything so I thought I would post a link to the Royal Green Jackets Regimental Association Photographic Archive. The archive is composed largely of pictures by Bert Henshaw, a legend in the Regiment for many years who carried an SLR camera in one hand and an SLR rifle in the other. He recently passed away but will always be remembered for the unique and huge collection of pictures back in the day in the 60's and 70's. There are also contributions by other's and the whole thing is I think a great tribute to all who have served in the Regiment whether they are in any of the pictures or not. My favourites are 1 RGJ in the seventies because that's when I was there but all the Battalion's are there and many other part's of the Royal Green Jacket family. Happy viewing.

Heres the link:

If it is a repost, perhap's a Mod would delete it. Thank's.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  2. The 4RGJ section is very light. I know we had a Bn photographer who took thousands of photos but it seems that his efforts have been archived - shame really.
  3. Im clicking the links to the right and nothing his happening. maybe the site is not mac compatible?

does anybody have a direct link to the galleries?
  4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

There is a book about to be published soon about the 3rd Bn and the campaign in Borneo. I don't have a title or dates for it yet, but it is written by a number of us who were there. I understand there will be previously unpublished photos in the book too.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  5. Some quality photos there. Good to see some familiar faces from the tours etc. Will see if I can submit my own photos. Plenty from 1998 tour that aren't on there.
  6. Cracking idea. Here's my contribution.

7. Ah yes, the good old airportable!
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Attached Files:

9. There's a facebook group with loads on it mate.....
  11. been there & done that - already a member and contributed. I would love to see more photos as I have so few and can easily "save as" for my reminiscences.........
  12. Mac users should use Firefox for the RGJ Association websites. Safari doesn't like the formatting of these sites.
  13. Book? F**king pamphlet more like! They only did one tour, unlike the Second and First Bns.. :p :p

(Does anyone have an explosive digging kit, I'm expecting incoming.)