Royal goat (picture)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Halcyon, Jul 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, I've just come across this (see picture) and I just had to ask, what is going on?

2. Soldiers being illegally forced to applaud the visit of the new Secretary of State for Defence, I think.
  3. Armoured Regiments traditionally have a ram as their mascot, as, given our cavalry background, to have a horse like other units would be rather rendundant.
  4. That sir, looks to be the Regimental goat of the Royal Welsh Fusiliers, but being a Cold war chap I am probabaly at least two amalgamations behind what they are now called!
  5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Welch Regt also had a goat - I have happy memories of it eating the Commodore's roses during a rehearsal for a QBP in Hong Kong in 1968.
  6. Ahh I should have thought as much to be honest. Thanks.
  7. ! RW ( previously 1RWF) retiring the Regimental Goat, a new one was procured from a wild herd on the Great Orme at Llandudno.
  8. I am so glad that 650 men were NOT ordered to applaud the communist shop-steward.

Thankfully, they were paraded to applaud a far more deserving, better looking and intelligent 'person'.

Goats are great - 'take one on if you think you're hard enough' (No Gurkhas allowed) - but sheep are best, oh! yes indeed, lovely.

PS: As a Welshman, I'm amazed that ON THIS SITE the names of the Royal Welch Fusiliers and The Welch Regiment are constantly misspelt. Bliar's Britain!
  9. We had a unit goat mascot for a was chained to the perimeter fence and somehow managed to asphyxiate itself. :(
  10. He is L\CPL Billy, and he is entitled to five fags a day. (no bull)
  11. The third Batalion has "Shenkin" as mascot and there is a pub named after the "Goat Major" in Cardiff with loads of photos of the old goats
  12. Must update the page soon with the new incumbent.
  13. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

14. Conversation between the Goat(with four legs) and sad muppet in unifrom ( two legs) as follows.

Goat: I am NOT walking any further until YOU get your right leg shortened to fit your uniform.

Soldier: (confused that a goat can talk) answers: The "little men with sharp knives" are coming to supper, would YOU like to be on the menu?

Goat: Ask me tommorow.

Soldier: Ohh, OK. Lets plod on then shall we. There are loads of pissed soldiers clapping so as soon as we get passed this lot I can have a pint!
  15. Never take a Goat on the Pi**, The four legged fcuker will kill to eat a beer soaked beer mat, without a care about knocking all the glasses on said beer mats into the next week, and they tend to wee all over the place, just like squaddy, realy