Royal Gallowglass Guard

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HarryPalmer, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently the "Saint Brendan Detachment" is now down to one body.

David Riley Stabler has even contributed to the ARRSEPEDIA entry, although he seems to have a sense of humour.

2. Fair warning - I'll save some of the best stuff here.
  3. :D :D :D
  4. NEW YORK, March 17 - Members of the Royal Galloglas Guard were extended an invitation to, and participated, in uniform, in the 1999 New York Saint Patrick's Day Parade, held this past March 17. The Galloglas marched along with the Cork County Band and the Cork Association, leading with a color guard of the American flag, the Irish National flag, and the Munster flag. The 4-hour long parade route led them down 5th Avenue, where they stopped and paid their respects to the Parade Grand Marshal, actress Maureen O’Hara (shown below left with former Congressman Mario Biaggi and Major Robert J. Bateman, NYG, NN). The Commander, James Shortt of Castleshort, and the Galloglas Piper, Captaen Noel Whelan, were introduced, and paid their respects to John Cardinal O’Connor, archbishop of New York, on the steps of Saint Patrick’s Cathedral. His Eminence made a point of walking out to the Galloglas' formation to bless their flags. From, "Other first-time marchers included the 10-member Irish Galloglas Guard, a unit that has served as bodyguards for Irish leaders since 1242 A.D. Dressed in rust kilts, gray military shirts and black berets, one member carried a massive ax he called 'a medieval attitude adjustment device.'"

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

6. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attached Files:

7. Harry,

I've asked if he'll let us have the raw HTML - that way we have real posterior.
  8. Get the fuck out of our NAAFI you boring cunt. Take your shite and bodge it on to the end of the Shorrt epic.
  9. Apparently the email plonked, and I'm sorry for that... try david_stabler over at the nice yahoo dot com address, and I'll be glad to zip up the website for anyone that wants it. Glad to be of service!