Royal Family - 61p each

From Beeb website:

The Royal Family costs Britons £36m a year, equivalent to 61p per person, new figures on royal spending show.
Buckingham Palace's accounts showed that a trip made by Prince Charles to Sri Lanka, Australia and Fiji on a chartered plane cost £300,000.

And the Queen got a rebate of over £1m after appealing against the business rate paid on Buckingham Palace.

Alan Reid, Keeper of the Privy Purse, said the report highlighted a "value-for-money monarchy".

A chartered flight taken by the Duke of York to the Far East to promote UK interests cost just under £125,000.

The accounts also detailed a journey made by the Prince of Wales from Aberdeen to Plymouth, Devon, on the royal train that cost almost £45,000.

Mr Reid said: "We're not looking to provide the cheapest monarchy. We're looking at one of good value and good quality."
And long may they continue. Anyone who begrudges paying 61p for this fine institution should be shot at dawn.

Not sure about it being a such a "fine institution" in its present incarnation but 61p is a tiny amount to pay to avoid having President Bliar as head of state.

The BBC looking to knock the family again...scum

63p? a year? good value! how much of my taxes are wasted on dossers ehh?

And yet again the journos write an anti-monarchy piece about how much the royal family costs without mentioning the receipts from the crown estates that go straight to the treasury and IIRC approach 200M... :roll:

And 61p? Whasseproblem? 1 year's worth of new lesbian real nappy outreach co-ordinator non-jobs added up to an annual salary bill of about 830M. If you include employer contributions, that approaches 1Bn - 17.20 per person :shock:

I am setting up[ a private coy called Idle Royalty. I am going to approach Gordon Brun and offer to do the job for 50p per head. A nice tidy saving for the Govt and a cushy life of loafing for me. Winner.

IdleAdjt said:
I am setting up[ a private coy called Idle Royalty. I am going to approach Gordon Brun and offer to do the job for 50p per head. A nice tidy saving for the Govt and a cushy life of loafing for me. Winner.
Wouldn't you get bored? Hunting, shooting, fishing, meeting foreign dignitaries................. :wink:

I'll do it for 40p per head :lol:

Don't undercut me you cow. It is my idea and any lower than 50p would mean I would have to sell of an estate or two to keep me in wife-beater.

Just sell the kids

Anyone thought how much it costs us to keep the free loaders in thethe houses of parliment.

Last time i checked, their average expenses (thats not including their wage, benefits or any other perks) was on average well over the 100K mark.As there are about 600 of them (give or take a few), that works out as £60m and that works out about £1 per head of population.

Slightly more expensive than the royals and no where near as productive and thats not even considering their wages, bonuses, pensions and any other cushie numbers. :evil:

Looking at my wages and then adding on a good lump for all the perks of being in green, I must cost everyone about 0.1p per year. That is value for money.

Key Facts about The Crown Estate

More than £170 million - all the net revenue generated annually by The Crown Estate - is paid to the Government.

The portfolio is managed actively. Property sales and purchase transactions valued at millions of pounds are made by The Crown Estate every year.

Land and property belonging to The Crown Estate is let through almost 10,000 tenancies across the UK.

The urban portfolio represents more than 78% of The Crown Estate’s total property value and around 75% of its gross revenue. It includes shops, offices, retail and business parks, industrial sites and residential properties.

1,340 affordable housing units are provided for key workers in London.
Almost all of the property in London’s Regent Street and Regent’s Park belongs to The Crown Estate.

The marine estate includes more than 55% of the UK’s foreshore, tidal river-beds and almost all of the seabed within the 12 nautical miles limit - including rights to all minerals but excluding hydrocarbons.
With 110,000 hectares of agricultural land and forest, we have one of the largest rural estates in the UK.

Windsor Great Park, the only Royal Park owned and managed by The Crown Estate, is enjoyed annually by around 2 million visitors every year.
Rights to all naturally occurring gold and silver - the Mines Royal - belong to The Crown Estate.

The Crown Estate has Investor in People accreditation.
£170M to the government from the Crown estate minus £30Mish form the Government to the crown gives us a £140M surplus in favour of the Government.

Looks like value for money to me, HM donates roughly £2.30 per head of population in to the Governments coffers for Tony and Gordon to spend on the sick, lame and just bone idle.

Cheers Ma'am only wish it was spent on a more worthy cause

Zippy483

I was speaking to the father of a mate of mine about this as he is the head of property development for a part of the Crown Estate. Apparantly, when each monarch is crowned, they are given the option of having their income from either the Civil List or from the Crown Estates. When HMQ was crowned, she (following an unbroken tradition) chose the Civil List. I believe I'm right in saying that this is the first time since the system has been up and running that the income from the Civil List has been lower. It will be interesting to see what HRH does when his mother eventually shuffles off this mortal coil.

I will do the job in exchange for beer and crisps

Adj: oversold yourself again (1p) LoL :lol:

Tis a sad day when we look at things like our Monarchy as VFM, stand up and stand proud, if it cost £6.10 pp I would pay it twice just to keep them royal, gawd bless em!

Always good to see sum good news out of Britian.
What a luvly lady and she had such a nice Ma much apreciated as ordinary folks showed when she left us.
john
Would'nt spoil a pleasant start to the day by Discussing He who like ta be Queen.