• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Royal Engineers without engineering degree?

Hello just a quick question, I have been looking at all the different sectors of the army and have by no means made up my mind where i want to go, but I have recently been looking into the sappers and found the role very appealing.

However I have degree in biology, i was wondering if you need to have a degree within the engineering/mathematics fields to have any real chance?

After talking to a army careers adviser they said it wouldn't be worth considering without such a degree but on the mod website the requirements are just a degree in science.

Any insight would be really appreciated, thank you!

asr1

War Hero
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
QUALIFICATIONS:
72 UCAS points and 35 ALIS points at GCSE, (including at least grade C/4 in English, Maths and a science / foreign language).

Loads of RE officers don't have engineering or science backgrounds. As long as the face fits they'll take you.

Hello just a quick question, I have been looking at all the different sectors of the army and have by no means made up my mind where i want to go, but I have recently been looking into the sappers and found the role very appealing.

However I have degree in biology, i was wondering if you need to have a degree within the engineering/mathematics fields to have any real chance?

After talking to a army careers adviser they said it wouldn't be worth considering without such a degree but on the mod website the requirements are just a degree in science.

Any insight would be really appreciated, thank you!
Try - you never know till you try and RE look for brightness and fit to the Corps. Also there is also the reserve option to see if you like it and they like you.

(and if nothing else, with a degree in biology they'll automatically think no further than looking to deploy you with the water purification plant sets so you can test the potability of the water :eek: )