Royal Engineers PO Visit 17th-19th May?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by OCS001, Apr 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone on here is going to?

To those who have been to the RE visit before, what do you get up to on this visit? I've heard plastic explosive, swimming and boats, any information you can give will be great??

I haven't received the joining instructions yet only the forms to book my place on this visit so do not know what happens.

Thanks in advance

-OCS-

2. RIB boats - meant to be brilliant.

3. I undertook a RE visit, blimey, almost 2 years ago (a June visit).

When I was there the final evening coincided with the troop commanders course final week and as such we PO's were invited along.

A very good night and the sense of humour of the engineers definitely present.

Off the top of my head I don't remember swimming but I do remember the boats.
    Have fun, it is a excellent visit and sells the regiment well.

4. I'm going in a couple of weeks, no mention of boats in the itinerary I have been sent.

5. When you going Rinaldi?

On the forms I received (on the consent form) I have to agree to accepting the risks of undertaking the following risks:

-Physical Training
    -Assault Boats
    -Using plastic explosives
    -Swimming
    -Raft race
    -Bridge Building
    -Workshop Tours
    :?

It all sounds great fun, and from the few comments above I can see it is well liked. :D

-OCS-

6. going last week of April. hopefully should be fun, only 3 weeks before I start at the RMAS so all my time is at a premium!

7. I will see you there OcdtS! can't wait, have heard the boats are unreal!

Sitting here trying to get my head around plan Exs and MAP tests ready for the weekend. Not so fun!

8. i think i was on the same one Ian.

9. Will be good to know someone beforehand Dodge.

You got AOSB Briefing coming up?

-OCS-

10. I'm going. I'm booked on a two week work related course which i cannot cancel so i'm going to have to be 'sick' for a few days! God i'm counting down the days to PCCBC so i can finally hand my notice in!

11. When is your PCCBC ftorres?

-OCS-

12. 30th June-1st July. Bring it on!

13. Well good luck pal and see you on the Royal Engineer's visit.

-OCS-

14. Make sure you call all the lads "Fellah" when you get there ;)

15. HAHA!

I've been told by my best mate, who is in the engineers, never to call anyone "fellah", so I'll take his advice.

-OCS-