• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Royal Engineers Humour

Greetings,
We have a RE having his 22 year dine out on Saturday. He is a really good egg and I have been panned into doing his speech. Has anybody out there got any RE type banter/jokes that might go down well. Plus the fact he is leaving a REME mess could add a bit of rivalry. Having never served with you guys Im not sure what to say about your cap badge apart from the VC's and an Oscar which he always reminds us yellow bellies.
Thanx in advance
MM

The sappers also started the Sigs corps, the RAF, probably had something to do with the RLC via the RCT via the RASC, RAOC as well methinks!!

the list is endless.......well except for my list which ends here, due to me being old and crusty and with a memory like a... er ...you know one of them things with holes in it :-D

Fatbadge said:
geo7863 said:

Well, EVERY Corps has at least one skeleton in it's closet they try and forget about..... :oops: :oops:

Dont they?! :crying:

Now then, Now then, Then now...Now!!

theres nothing wrong with the Womens Royal Auxillary Balloon Corps dont ya know!!

I believe we also spawned to Royal Armoured Corps. We also enjoy winding the gunners up about them abandoning their guns and us saving the day again.

chimera

LE
moving-target-survivor said:
weren't those fellas who did the Telic beach landing (into a mud pit) RE?
Wash your mouth out.

They were from 40 Regt RA. The Al Faw BG on TELIC 2.

plant_life said:
I believe we also spawned to Royal Armoured Corps. We also enjoy winding the gunners up about them abandoning their guns and us saving the day again.
19th century, heilograph operators RE signalers!

Another you could use is that the REs were the responsible in the first world war for the use of poison gas (so first NBC Regiment). Useful if like most REs that hes excellant at pharting.

If you really want to make him feel at home, shit in his hat, and thud it onto his napper, and piss in his pocket.

He'll have tears of joy in his eyes.

Dung_trumpet said:
If you really want to make him feel at home, shit in his hat, and thud it onto his napper, and piss in his pocket.

He'll have tears of joy in his eyes.
Even more if you present him with an Engineer from the bar. Oh joy of Joys :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D