Royal Engineers equipment mechanic

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by hallsey, Jan 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i want to become a royal engineer and i have applied for harrogate afc and im interested in being equipment mechanic because they say the job doasnt get old and i get bored very easily but i was told about the royal engineer paras and i was wondering about if i could be a equipment mechanic and then apply for para training so that i wold be both or is it just one or the other?

2. Have you considered joining as a clerk?

3. I was bored to tears many times as a fitter.

Hope that helps.

4. I second that join as a clerk

5. Have you got any previous experience of mechanics? For example, maintaining your own motorbike or something like that.

6. Or jumping out of the back of trucks?

7. i took engineering at school but we did absolutaly nothing with mechanics although my did teach me about engines as he restores cars as a hobby. iv just always enjoyed taking stuff apart and finding out how it works and then rebuilding it again.

8. X59

X59 LE

If you get bored easily then the Army is for you.

No hanging around while somebody makes a decision.

Non stop action and one big barrel of laughs.

You'll love it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. That sounds good, don't forget to mention it at an interview! And take along a couple of photos of any projects like that, always a good ice-breaker if conversation dries up.

10. LOL Hurry up & wait!

11. thats a really good idea i didnt think of that thanks man

12. Ask your ACIO about getting on a insight course down at Gib Barracks for a week. They let you feck about with explosives, build bridges, take you to Chatham to feck about in RIBs on the river and look around the school. Operational commitments permitting, they'll take you see one of the armoured regiments too. My lad did it and found it useful. You'll get a chance to ask sappers questions about RE life as opposed to people who don't know half of what they do.

For more details on insight course schedule, content etc. go to....

https://www.army.mod.uk/royalengineers/29597.aspx

13. Ascend the bus,

Alight the bus.