Royal engineers Band

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by geeman88, May 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I am wondering if it is possible to join the Royal Engineers, learn a trade ie Bricklayer, and participate in the band and learn to play an instrument in spare time?

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Yes, I often see brickies on building sites having a swift melody on the tuba at tea breaks......fool!
  3. Geeman, for a sensible answer NO!
    The band are not real Engineers but are 'owned' by the Corps Of Army Music. They are "professional" musicians and not Engineer tradesmen.

I’m sure you can find somewhere to play music or you can be a real Engineer. :D
  4. Or you can go for POm as a trade, and be a real ORGAN!
  5. You can play the blue vein oboe in the Sqn bar :D
  6. More like:

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

7. Stretcher noddy bogbrush? :?

The only place the Corps cipher (the squiglly RE thing) appears in uniform is on the RE Band's fanfare trumpet flags. There's no real reason to post that except that I've never had reason to tell anyone before. :)
  8. Think you may want to join the para's......

He/She/He/She......(I'm confused) did!

Don't know whether to f@ck it or fight it!
  9. I for one loved the Corps Band.

Especially when we marched through Ripon every summer in 2s, with bayonets fixed trying to look nails, and the band played Nelly the fcukin elephant or some shoite like mambo no 5! cheers lads!!!
  10. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Not sure about mambo No 5, but marched past the dias in the Market Square a couple of times with the Corps Band playing Wings and Chief Royal taking the salute. Nice place to be Ripon!
  11. Yep, the band are good - wings etc is always great to listen too whilst your waitingon parade etc, no too sure about some of the modern stuff they try to knock together! Can be amusing to say the least...
  12. Tangent time - watched the HDiv Beating Retreat last night. The centrepiece of their display ..... Dr Fcuking Who !.
  13. Agreed.