Royal Engineers and Phase 1

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by ThisIsSparta!!, Nov 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

The job brief I have for The Royal Engineers, Military Engineer Communications says Phase 1 is held at ATR Bassingbourn or Pirbright... but the exact same brief on t'internet (Army Website) states Phase 1 is held at ATR Lichfield in Staffordshire!?!

...Could someone tell me which is correct please? I don't want to look a complete muppet when I do my Icebreaker at ADSC!

Thanks in advance.
  2. Im going in for Royal engineer, bricklayer and concreter and do my phase 1 at bassingbourn, not sure if that helps.
  3. Ahh ok Logan, thanks for the response.

So does this mean all Royal Engineers do phase 1 together at Bassingbourn?

Wasn't too sure if the contradicting information was because you go to different ATR's depending on your chosen trade within the Reg... :?
  4. the Reg :x :x :x :x
  5. Play nice knocker!!

Lichfield closed a few years ago, i went through there meself in early '06.
  6. It all depends on where you live. In short, you will go to an ATR whch is nearest to your mummy to start with. Don't be too impressed - this is only to save money on travel warrants. The phase 1 trg is all the same - not speacial to arm so it dosen't matter what cap badge you are. Whereas phase 2 is, so you all have to go to the RSME...... home of the glorious Corps of Royal Engineers.
  7. last I heard they were sending the girlies to Pirbright these days to stop them getting knocked up by the spotty hormonal yoof's.

Male recruits usually go through either Bassingbourn or Winchester for phase 1 then as Bombay said after you pass out of phase 1 you go to 3 RSME in Camberley for your combat engineer training.
  8. As far as i know all RE go to ATR Bassingbourne mate.
  9. My bold. Either of those two know lads who have been instructors at both locations and they've taken RE recruits at both locations
  10. All RE phase 1 is done at ATR(B) unless u are junior entry, then u will go to Winchester, or a girl then u will go to pirbright,
  11. you'll get arrested for junior entry :wink:
  12. i went pirbright mate, just depends on spacings and locations
  13. iam doing my phase 1 at ATR Bassingbourn with a load of other going RE.
  14. Sprog :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Sprog??? What happened to Southwood Camp!!!That's where real Sappers went!!!

• Like Like x 1