Royal Engineer Electrican

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Rugby_Mad, May 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question. Was wondering if anyone knows what score you need to achieve on your TST at ADSC to be eligible for a Royal Engineers as a spark.

Any replies much appreictaed :D

2. You just need to pass it full stop I don't think it varies for each trade.. there are 55 questions and the pass mark is 30. You have around 45 mins.

3. nope there are pass marks. I needed 23 or something as a fab. I think electrician is around 28

4. fair enough, its still fairly managable with revision though. just aim for 30!

5. Aim as high as you can.

6. yeah I needed like 20 for being a joiner, I got 31 or something close, they told me I got 8 and that I had to take my second choice.
    I then got an apology from my recruitment officer on behalf of the major, but apprently he was a bit dim?!?
    I was pretty chuffed specially after that angry, angry, train journey home the day before.

7. Is there any real point in taking it though, because you need GCSE grade C in maths to get the job and shouldent that show if they can count?

8. you were taught to pass exams in school, the tst is a more logical approach. doesnt matter anyway mate you want to be a sparky in the army you got to sit it reguardless of how good your grade's are.
    just revise a little for it an you will pass fine.