Royal Engineer Chefs...........

Discussion in 'RLC' started by General Melchett, Sep 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Just seen this article on the intraweb.

I quote:

"Royal Engineers are top of the pots

A team of chefs from The Royal Engineers has won one of the Military's most prestigious catering contests, the 3rd (United Kingdom) Division's Improvised Field Cookery Competition."

Surely they mean a team of RLC chefs based with. No mention at all of the Corps throughout the story. Poor show RLC, beaten by the RE news machine once again.
  2. You beat me to it Melchy!

What a masterpiece from the Wedge spin machine..... not one mention of the RLC in the whole article. Typical... We see it all the time with their EOD 'walting' it up... saying they're AT/ATO's.

There will be Royal Engineer astronaults soon and I'm sure I heard that Princes H & W both got commissioned into the RE.
  3. Chin up fellahs ;)
  4. Don't beat yourself up BD. The RL who? :)

Must be a preferred posting surely? One minute producing the finest scran possible, the next, mixing concrete. :)

Cat, toat, haxi.
  5. Because REST teams have it mega easy on tour....
  6. ...and your point is? :)
  7. "Typical... We see it all the time with their EOD 'walting' it up... saying they're AT/ATO's."
  8. Seriously though - Scotty Taylor is a brilliant chef.

Attached Files:

9. I didn't know we were Chefs either... will have to add that to the ever increasing list of skills in the C.V. must admit though thinking about it, I make a mean curry & chilli and have made a few Curry's that went down very well in the Charity Weekends we used to have in the Irish Harp Bar in Sarajevo during 6 Nations Weekends... also won one of the Yank Super Bowl Chilli Cook-Offs, so yes I suppose Chef can be added to the skills of the Corps...

10. Yawn... Yawn...........
  11. I am not a Chef myself but was disappointed by the standard of reporting in this story. I have sent an email to the News desk asking them to clarify the details.

I am also going to try and see if anyone in Dettigen House has spotted this.

12. What do you think we make the scran from........
  13. Congratulations Royal Engineers, you really are great ! Yet again you have truly proven how awful (Oops, I meant awesome, or did I ?) you are.
    baking cakes, mixing concrete, operating plant, combat dems., bridges, being boring etc...

You really do have a fantastic CV and you keep on adding to it !

PS. I for one am looking forward to the day when you add Bulk Fuel Installations to your magnificent CV.
    Then the RLC wouldn't have to keep reassembling the ones you do attempt into the correct order !

Oh dear ! and you were doing so well..... You can have your cake, but you can't eat it !

Enjoy baking ! :chef:
  14. Better watch out - we'll be stacking blankets better than you soon...

Nope, fcuk it. You can keep that one. Aren't we nice?

15. RCD
    Congratulations on being nice !
    Now pop back to the kitchen before you burn your buns ! :D

PS. Have a nice day !