• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Royal Engineer Chefs...........

Just seen this article on the intraweb.

I quote:

"Royal Engineers are top of the pots
22/09/2008

A team of chefs from The Royal Engineers has won one of the Military's most prestigious catering contests, the 3rd (United Kingdom) Division's Improvised Field Cookery Competition."

Surely they mean a team of RLC chefs based with. No mention at all of the Corps throughout the story. Poor show RLC, beaten by the RE news machine once again.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/TrainingAndAdventure/RoyalEngineersAreTopOfThePots.htm

You beat me to it Melchy!

What a masterpiece from the Wedge spin machine..... not one mention of the RLC in the whole article. Typical... We see it all the time with their EOD 'walting' it up... saying they're AT/ATO's.

There will be Royal Engineer astronaults soon and I'm sure I heard that Princes H & W both got commissioned into the RE.

Bomb_Doctor said:

What a masterpiece from the Wedge spin machine..... not one mention of the RLC in the whole article. Typical... We see it all the time with their EOD 'walting' it up... saying they're AT/ATO's.

There will be Royal Engineer astronaults soon and I'm sure I heard that Princes H & W both got commissioned into the RE.
Don't beat yourself up BD. The RL who? :)

Must be a preferred posting surely? One minute producing the finest scran possible, the next, mixing concrete. :)

Cat, toat, haxi.

I didn't know we were Chefs either... will have to add that to the ever increasing list of skills in the C.V. must admit though thinking about it, I make a mean curry & chilli and have made a few Curry's that went down very well in the Charity Weekends we used to have in the Irish Harp Bar in Sarajevo during 6 Nations Weekends... also won one of the Yank Super Bowl Chilli Cook-Offs, so yes I suppose Chef can be added to the skills of the Corps...

:lol:

I am not a Chef myself but was disappointed by the standard of reporting in this story. I have sent an email to the News desk asking them to clarify the details.

I am also going to try and see if anyone in Dettigen House has spotted this.

Shiny_Arrse

W

wevers

ABrighter2006 said:
Bomb_Doctor said:

Don't beat yourself up BD. The RL who? :)

Must be a preferred posting surely? One minute producing the finest scran possible, the next, mixing concrete. :)

Cat, toat, haxi.

What do you think we make the scran from........

Congratulations Royal Engineers, you really are great ! Yet again you have truly proven how awful (Oops, I meant awesome, or did I ?) you are.
baking cakes, mixing concrete, operating plant, combat dems., bridges, being boring etc...

You really do have a fantastic CV and you keep on adding to it !

PS. I for one am looking forward to the day when you add Bulk Fuel Installations to your magnificent CV.
Then the RLC wouldn't have to keep reassembling the ones you do attempt into the correct order !

Oh dear ! and you were doing so well..... You can have your cake, but you can't eat it !

Enjoy baking ! :chef:

RatsCoffeeDrinker said:
Better watch out - we'll be stacking blankets better than you soon...

Actually....

Nope, fcuk it. You can keep that one. Aren't we nice?

RCD
Congratulations on being nice !
Now pop back to the kitchen before you burn your buns ! :D

PS. Have a nice day !

Sappers are brilliant cooks.Making tea by burning PE(I have scared others with this substitute for hexamine),brewing up AVREs,during tea making,producing the finest pie eaters in the world.Say no more.Hurrah for the CRE.

General Melchett said:
No mention at all of the Corps throughout the story. Poor show RLC, beaten by the RE news machine once again.
LINE ONE OF THE ARTICLE:

"...A team of chefs from The Royal Logistic Corps (RLC) attached to The Royal Engineers..."

Guess that reading is not a strong RLC skill? :D

But don't worry. Your natural inferiority complex is understandable. Ubique!!

chimera said:
General Melchett said:
No mention at all of the Corps throughout the story. Poor show RLC, beaten by the RE news machine once again.
LINE ONE OF THE ARTICLE:

"...A team of chefs from The Royal Logistic Corps (RLC) attached to The Royal Engineers..."

Guess that reading is not a strong RLC skill? :D

But don't worry. Your natural inferiority complex is understandable. Ubique!!
Well, my original quote was cut and paste directly from the article and has now been edited by the MoD news people to correctly reflect the RLC.

:clap:

wevers said:
...What do you think we make the scran from........
A sense of comic irony. :)

General Melchett said:
...has now been edited by the MoD news people to correctly reflect the RLC.

:clap:
It would take more than a quick delete / insert to correctly reflect the RLC.

Just where would they start? Had the author of this article, never heard of, or read, that fine organ of RLC life - The Sustainer! :D

As part of the RLC, I have never been lured away to read what's on the strands of other cap badges because I've never become bored with ours

How boring must the wedgie pages be ?

It better not be contagious !

Gotta go now... The RE Clerk of Works has just phoned me to find out about which ingredients makes a really good curry !!??

I've given him the contact details of a professional (RLC) CHEF.

[align=center]

Latest Threads