Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Likewise, just finished watching it. As always, the serving soldiers, sailors and airmen and women of this country and all others which took part put on a first class show. Well done to all.

I was there this year and it was good to see the gunners out in force. Definitely worth going to see live if you can. Only down side was the Top Secret Swiss drummers weren't there. Their drumming is truely amazing.

Aye, bloody good show as usual.................however.

The Citadel Band displayed well - but what is going on with that chin strap under the nose bit?? Different does'nt mean better.

Excellent, brought a lump in the throat & a tear to my eyes as well.

I still remember watching it as a 4 yr old, when the RM used to slide down ropes and all sorts.......thats what made my mind up to join RM at the age of 4, acheived 14 years later......I m 45 this year.

I am taking 'er indoors' back to her porridge wog roots next year and wouldn't mind taking in the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. How easy is it to get tickets or do you have to book ages in advance?

It certainly brought a lump to something. What struck me most was the wet-look leotards and heaving lungs on those dancin' gals. Christos sur la bicyclette! I bet they were accommodated well away from the great unwashed.

I am taking 'er indoors' back to her porridge wog roots next year and wouldn't mind taking in the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. How easy is it to get tickets or do you have to book ages in advance?
It has been a sell out for the last few years

Tickets | Edinburgh Military Tattoo

There is a phone number on here you will have to give them a call to see when they are on sale next year. I had 4 for this years but was unable to make it, those that went said it was fantastic and it was shame that they cut it out so much for the telly.

They have to get rid of the muppet who was commentating he ruin it.

Quite agree. Dull and unimaginative. I think BBC Radio 2's Steve Wright would make an excellent commentator. His witty observations, hilarious impressions and fine singing voice would completely transform an otherwise boring ethnic music & dance programme. He could do Trooping the Colour as well. Oh, and that marching past the Centaur thing in November, as that definitely needs livening up somewhat.

Went last year, after years of threatening to go, had a fantastic night. It was very dusty though, even brought a tear to her eye. Hopefully going again next year. The Top Secret Drummers are excellent.

It certainly brought a lump to something. What struck me most was the wet-look leotards and heaving lungs on those dancin' gals. Christos sur la bicyclette! I bet they were accommodated well away from the great unwashed.
The ones old enough spent a fair amount of time in the naafi bar after each show. One of their instructors was particularly talented and was pested relentlessly by the jocks. Bless her.