Royal Dragoon Guards

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Skullda-bash, Jun 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone in these forums a proud member of the RDG's? And even if your not could i get some info on them in general, what are they like as a reg etc
  2. You'll probably find they're a collection of good/bad blokes who love/hate the army who can't wait for/dread an operational tour.
  3. Are they good at what they do and were they involved in telic etc?
  4. Well RDG stands for Rarely Deployed Guards, they did telic 5 and thats about it .
  5. Paveway is back............bring on the banter!!!!
  6. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

For those of us still living in the age of Pounds, Shillings and Pence pre-Options For Change, who were the RDG?
  7. 4th / 7th Royal Dragoon Guards and the 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
  8. What a fine bunch!
  9. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Figures. Fairy nuff. Cheers.

I still think it eould have been funny, on amalgamation, if my old lot had become 13/15/18/19H

10. Only you could come out with crap like that boggles.
  11. I would like to invite you and your opinions to a little reunion we are having this Friday in Yorkshire,you are more than welcome to be our guest speaker you being such an expert on matters RDG. I am sure our ranks would welcome you with open arms in the meantime wipe the dribble from your chin.
  12. A bite at last , i do believe the troopers in 1 sqn of QDG have more operational tour medals than the
    entire WO's and SGTs mess at the RDG .
  13. Edited as I was talking b0ll0cks (Again!!)
  14. Not RDG, but have served with them. quality regiment a mixture of Yorkshire and Irish due to the amalgamation of 4th/7th Dragoon guards and the 5th inniskillings. Very good banter and a penchant for the bevvy, can be bullshoietty but overall a very good unit. Lads are very down to earth as you can imagine with the areas recruited, the occifers posh, posh, posh!!! Good at what they do and look after their attached arms. You could do a lot worse believe me!!!
  15. I'd like to say they are a bunch of good eggs and the top of the RAC gunnery this season (even 30mm, check the scores) and paveway you talk boll*cks, there's quite a tidy amount of gongs in our mess, maybe the QDG could play cricket for the ashes of theirs!!!!!