• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Royal baby names

Apologies if there is a thread for this already, I had a look first.

A new royal baby is expected within days, and there is speculation about the name.

My choice of name would be linked to a resurgence of the royal and national fortunes, something like Emperor Erik Bloodaxe, Righter of Wrongs upon Tower Hill. If it's a girl the name just has to be changed to Erika.

We haven't had a King Ivar for quite some time! We've had Ivar the boneless, how about Ivar the bone on?

I think though that it's amazing that a royal family cobbled together from the crowned inbred left overs of Europe, yet insist on English names. The Greek side of the family would surely like to see King Spiro the first accede in London, and the Germans, well Adolph is a once popular Anglo-German name which is little used of late! Prince Phillip is genetically pretty much a Romanov, Ivan is also nice.......

For female progeny I think we should consider the commonwealth, Rihanna Marley Jah is I Windsor has a nice ring, or Queen Sheila the first of New South Wales perhaps.....

....one name that might well be considered, although it carries a heavy burdon of emotion and expectation, that would be Diana.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
The child will have the surname "Cambridge" for the first several years of its life. I hope that if it's a boy that they call it Dave. Prince Dave Cambridge has a bit of a ring to it.

8)

If its a female Wills will want Diana as a middle name, but the royal "establishment " will counsel against it.

Given that Charlie will be our King relatively shortly, and Camilla is his mrs I reckon the establishment might win out.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads