Royal baby names

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bullet_catcher, Jul 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if there is a thread for this already, I had a look first.

A new royal baby is expected within days, and there is speculation about the name.

My choice of name would be linked to a resurgence of the royal and national fortunes, something like Emperor Erik Bloodaxe, Righter of Wrongs upon Tower Hill. If it's a girl the name just has to be changed to Erika.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sid. There's not enough sids these days.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. If they call it Diana, I swear I will become a republican

• Like Like x 1
  4. What about cuthbert for a boy & buttercup-flora for a girl?

5. We haven't had a King Ivar for quite some time! We've had Ivar the boneless, how about Ivar the bone on?

I think though that it's amazing that a royal family cobbled together from the crowned inbred left overs of Europe, yet insist on English names. The Greek side of the family would surely like to see King Spiro the first accede in London, and the Germans, well Adolph is a once popular Anglo-German name which is little used of late! Prince Phillip is genetically pretty much a Romanov, Ivan is also nice.......

For female progeny I think we should consider the commonwealth, Rihanna Marley Jah is I Windsor has a nice ring, or Queen Sheila the first of New South Wales perhaps.....

....one name that might well be considered, although it carries a heavy burdon of emotion and expectation, that would be Diana.

6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The child will have the surname "Cambridge" for the first several years of its life. I hope that if it's a boy that they call it Dave. Prince Dave Cambridge has a bit of a ring to it.

8)

7. What about Mercedes? A fitting tribute to the late Queen of Hearts

• Like Like x 3
  8. In the same vein, "Pilar".

9. name the child from where it was conceived?

10. Vagina-Uterus? imagine the Daily Mail on that one.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RAF Valley Officer's Mess Annex? Bit of a mouth-full at the font.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I hope this one doesn't turn out ginger, it would really throw the conpiracy theorists into a tail-spin....

13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

"Cwningar Niwbwrch" less of a mouthful but difficult for the non-cymraes amongst us.

14. I always thought Chlamydia has a nice ring to it

15. Just rolls off the tongue....

• Like Like x 1