Royal Australian Navy Submarines to go Nuclear

Australia has enormous reserves of the best coal in the world.
Not to mention all that natural gas off the coast of WA, a very small amount if any actually is used for Australia.

It adds to the confusion as to why we don't have cheaper, more renewable and reliable (during incidents like summer heatwaves) energy production as opposed to what we currently have (a bunch of outdated coal plants the government is subsidising to stay open since the owners know they have energy production by the balls and keep saying things like "this plant is outdated and we'll need to shut it down unless we get some money for 'maintenance'")

The more I look at it, the more it seems the government really are a bunch of lizard people, terraforming Australia in preparation for their species return.

Last edited:
one of our less well endowed with grey cell MPs' (National Party - who else could be so dumb) is calling for subsidies for coal producers because they are suffering
This wouldn't be the same National Party berk who said that marriage was a sacred institution between a man and women, then ditched his wife and kids to run off with his mistress who he had knocked up? Who also said the 2019 bushfires were caused by people turning their back on God.

No wonder Gladys is looking at heading to Federal Politics, no ICAC in Federal Politics!

Your evidence is.......?

So wind and solar generation in Australia isn't subsidised by the tax payer? Governments aren't encouraging "renewables" while refusing to allow the construction of High Efficiency Low Emission coal fired power stations? Why can't renewable power generation stand on it's own?

Power prices in Australia are artificially high because of these policies. Australia has enormous reserves of the best coal in the world. There is no reason we can't have cheap reliable power. We should have this natural advantage to power competitive industries but instead we have some of the highest power prices in the world. This cripples our manufacturing industries.

You obviously have no knowledge of the subject and get all your information from the ABC or other leftard propaganda organisations.

Start a thread and I'll join in.

endure

GCM
Make your own mind up.

Geiger counter on the pavement in Fukushima shows less radiation than the beach in Brazil.
The comment about Guarapari beach implies that the radiation level is normal across town which isn't true. It's specifically waves pounding coastal mountains with a high level of radioactive materials that make the beach radioactive.

In Guarapri City itself radioactivity levels are much lower.

E2A I'm pro-nuclear but making videos that slide around the truth doesn't do anyone any favours.

Last edited:
That is fatuous. Duration, distance, protection, ionising/non-ionising source...?
You get more radiation walking down Union street in Aberdeen than a lot of nuclear plants in the UK, because the buildings are made of granite which has a natural background radiation.

Ionising radiation is all around you in the rocks you walk on, but not a lot of people know that!

No need. I've already got the evidence to prove my points. It's government legislation, increases in power bills, unreliability of reliance on renewables, power stations being blown up and not replaced, etc.

All you've got is, well, bollocks.

There you go!

Lovely to see you have the courage of your convictions. As ever, you're piss and wind.

Yokel

LE
I know that Australia wants long range SSNs to perform long range missions such as intelligence gathering and to counter Chinese SSNs, but they will also lend themselves to task group operations, With that in mind, I found this YouTube video although I have not yet watched it in full.

I take it helicopters on our LHD's don't use fuel and weapons are crammed in without any separation or access lanes.

Edited to add " on our LHD's".

Last edited:

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
You get more radiation walking down Union street in Aberdeen than a lot of nuclear plants in the UK, because the buildings are made of granite which has a natural background radiation.

Ionising radiation is all around you in the rocks you walk on, but not a lot of people know that!

I was involved in an incident where contamination monitors were set off by somebodies shoes on leaving a nuclear facility.

Rather than something from the reactor, it was radon contamination from the streets. It had been pishing it down that day, which washes natural radioactivity out of its usual hidey holes. Very common apparently.

I was involved in an incident where contamination monitors were set off by somebodies shoes on leaving a nuclear facility.

Rather than something from the reactor, it was radon contamination from the streets. It had been pishing it down that day, which washes natural radioactivity out of its usual hidey holes. Very common apparently.
Radon gas is a creepy sod, it pops up under houses...

I visited the Dounreay nuclear plant years ago, and did the guided tour. It was midweek so there were only two of us and guide, so the guide gave us the official words then we chatted about wherever we were.

At one point we were talking about background radiation in the local area and the guide mentioned that Dounreay was also used to store rock core samples. There are the big log sausage like rock samples that have been drilled out of various places, and one day one arrived from Cornwall. Before they knew what was going on all the radiation alarms in the goods handling yard went off, and major incident plans were about to be put into action before it was discovered the Cornwall core sample had set them off.

QRK2

LE
Radon gas is a creepy sod, it pops up under houses...

I visited the Dounreay nuclear plant years ago, and did the guided tour. It was midweek so there were only two of us and guide, so the guide gave us the official words then we chatted about wherever we were.

At one point we were talking about background radiation in the local area and the guide mentioned that Dounreay was also used to store rock core samples. There are the big log sausage like rock samples that have been drilled out of various places, and one day one arrived from Cornwall. Before they knew what was going on all the radiation alarms in the goods handling yard went off, and major incident plans were about to be put into action before it was discovered the Cornwall core sample had set them off.

Indeed, hence this sort of thing:

It's the tritium numbers on the captain's watch.
You can joke....... but when I joined my first boat, I was told to have my watch checked. Being old and bold, I thought it was a fairly poor attempt at at a bite (wah to you chaps!).

Nope, turns out if you were wearing an older watch it could set off one of the radiation detectors around the boat!