royal artillery

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by loopyleeanne, Jan 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anyone know which part of the artillery is the best area to work in
  2. As far away from the stuff which is likely to go bang, I would think LOL!
  3. loopy,

Try posting on the Gunner Board. It will depend on your interests and abilities.

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

"who is for the guns" where did that quote come from

Guns are for gunners

you have to decide your trade
  5. Moved to Guns...
  6. Spanish Dave

I think it was Capt Bradbury with L Battery RHA at Nery made that sterling call. Of course, I could be (and probably am) wrong.
  7. Stay away from the breech heads..!!
  8. stay away from air defence its a dieing trade

uav is a big thing at the moment if you want to go on ops 32 regt is one of the most active regiments in the army at the moment.
  9. Kinda hijacking the thread, I am thinking of joining 29 regt as an officer. What are the less obvious pros and cons of this?

Many thanks,

10. are you on about joining 29 as your first tour as an officer?
  11. yes I am
  12. Do it duck I did 17 years in 29 and a better grounding in artillery you won't get!! Operational tours galore as well.

Plus Plymouth for a rupert is one of the best postings in the army however bear in mind you could end up in Arbroath too
  13. Meiktilaman, at the risk of repeating this conversation on every gunner or commando gunner thread - Arbroath is a good posting - especially if your idea of leisure is either "up the munroes" or "party in a big city (Glasgow/Edinburgh). Also 45 are good eggs and have some of the best AT in the Army..erm..Navy? Well its there on the doorstep.

Also when 7 come down to the citadel, there is an understanding that there will be no sleep 'til Scotland!
  14. Thanks guys, i was also thinking of going to Meiktila if i get a captaincy, although im still not sure about that.... will have to wait and see about that one.
  15. Unlikely to happen in our lifetime Cuddles they trying this for years