Royal artillery logistics anyone serving doing this

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by chris42, Nov 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently considering this doing driving or RLC- chef anyone any info on it or serving doing these trades if have posted in wrong part let me know cheers
  2. Some idiot's going to leap on you and tell you you've got it wrong - but you're just a bit adrift...

The Royal Artillery do have a logistics function - but this is a part of their role and they are badged as Gunners.
    The Royal Logistics Corps has a variety of roles including driver and chef.

Have a wander around the army's website for more clarity - but you have come to the right place for opinions and insider information.

I've now done my good deed for the day now....
  3. you can join the royal artillery has a driver on the job spec it does say royal artillery logistics :!: just looking for info on the two trades the good and the bad :D
  4. Ok - I'd suggest that you post two threads, one in the Gunner Forum and one in the RLC Forum. That way you'll avoid sparking a truck war over whether IMMLC is better than MMLC or Gunner Log is better than Log Gunner (if those trades exist). Good luck!
  5. I am going for royal artillery logistics and yes it does exist, hopefully joining after Christmas if i get accepted as i got rejected for the AGC for no apparent reason.
  6. My bold - Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.

Sorry but a pet hate.

Chris, I am not too aware of how the Gunners employ their drivers but as has been mentioned they generally use IMMLC (the bigger and more mobile DROPS).

If you were to join as an RLC Driver you would get the opportunity to drive IMMLCs, MMLC (the smaller DROPS), fuel tankers and the whole range of general service vehicles. Depending on what unit you went to or what operational tour they were deploying on you could also end up driving a range of wheeled armoured vehicles and/or WMIKs.

Best of luck whichever way you go.