Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by commzmeanzbombz, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ‘Help for Heroes’ has become, in the words of the Prime Minister, a ‘National Institution’ and it is hard to believe they only started in October 2007. Since then they have raised £1 million a month to help support our wounded servicemen and women injured in the current conflicts but much more is needed.

To raise money for ‘Help for Heroes’ and the Royal Artillery charitable fund I am organising a Royal Artillery boxing night on the 26 May 2010. The event will consist of serving members from the Regiment battling it out over several weight divisions.

I have contacted local businesses and the premiership football clubs to ask for any donations of prizes for the Charity auction and raffle but do any of you ARRSERs have any contacts with rugby/football clubs or businesses or would you even be willing to donate a prize yourself?

It is hoped that ticket sales, in conjunction with selling ringside seats to industry and the charity auction, will raise a significant amount of money for the charity.

If you can help please send me a PM and I will get back to you.

Many Thanks,

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Email sent.
  3. Where is the event taking place and can anyone get tickets ???
  4. Its at Larkhill mate, if you PM me your details I will send you the official letter.

5. Dave,
    PM Sent
  6. Some really generous offers so far Gents!

Many thanks,

7. Good Morning Gents,

Thanks for your interest in the event. I have just spoken to the IC about ticket availability and prices. We are still in discussion about the costing etc and will send out a letter nearer to the event.

I will keep all your details on file and ensure that you receive the relevant info.

Thanks again,

8. Hi Everyone,

Just giving this thread a shameless BUMP!

I went round the businesses in Salisbury and got some great stuff for the auction and raffle.

In order to raise a cracking amount we still need to do some work. We have some good stuff to raffle but the auction isn't looking too exciting yet although a brilliant donation from Ravers should see a decent amount raised!

If any of you wonderful ARRSERS out there have an item from your company or an acquaintance then please give me a shout!

Thanks to all the fellas who have helped out so far, you are not forgotten!

For all those who have contacted me for tickets a letter is in production and should be on its way out soon.

Thanks again,

9. Bumpety Bump