Royal Army Dental Corps

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Bandit1, May 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I cannot belive the great RADC will soon be no more!
    The fat cats in power at the moment (RADC Fat Cats) look after their own and screw the lads and ladys............More work for the poor sods and no staff, money, training etc, etc.

All I can say is watch this space.......When it goes to Civilians.................... :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :x

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Brits have worse teeth than Amazonian tribesmen anyway, so it won't make much difference.......

3. Well they are about to get alot worse! The RADC is run by IDIOTS!

4. Oh no it isn't!

5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I think you'll find they're officers so can't possibly be idiots.

6. They might be good at clinical delivery; but managing staff and the Corps they are not! They are where they are there for being a Dentist.........Not Being managers or leaders.
    So in context yes they are idiots who think they know better when indeed should go back to clinic.

But these are just my thoughts as a very concerned member of the RADC.

LOL officers so can't possibly be idiots!

7. Why are you so disgruntled? Do you have an SNCO practice manager? A non dental chain of command as well? Maybe you could raise your issues with someone who is there because they are a leader of men, not because of their clinical qualifications.

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

The RADC has always been a shambling, corrupt and incompetent organ run by senior clinical officers rather than a cadre of qualified, professional officers.

If you let an entire corps be run by people whose leadership training is a 3 week knife and fork course at Sandhurst then that is what you get.

20 years of drilling and filling is poor training for management and there has never been any loyalty shown from above in the corps history. From Private to Lt. Col all are treated like children and ever was thus.

9. Since the formation of the Defence Dental Agency and subsequently the Defence Dental Service (DDS), I think you'll find that the responsibilities; both managerial and leadership of the RADC are pretty much limited to Regimental business only.

Clinical delivery is managed by the DDS (which now sits within JMC), professional training and development is managed through the Defence Deanery and personnel and career management is undertaken by APC Glasgow.

Not a lot left for the RADC to be blamed for!

10. As a senior member of the RADC I think I am suited to share my thoughts! The regimental buisness is the problem. Since the formation of the DDA now DDS things have gone from bad to worse!! I am really not disgruntled but care about the Corps and staff.

Try talking to members of the RADC as that will speak volumes.....

11. maninblack

So who commands the units? Who writes the confidential reports? Who recommends promotion? Who is in charge at Aldershot?

Am, I to believe that dentists no longer hold all the posts that wield power?

12. So who commands the units? Within a Dental Region, the Principal Dental Officer (who could be from any of the 3 Services)

Who writes the confidential reports? For whom? In any case there is likely to be bespoke arrangements for some practices.

Who recommends promotion? See above.

Who is in charge at Aldershot? The Garrison/HQ 4 Div? Or do you mean who is in charge of DDS, which is now based with HQ JMC at DMS Whittington in Lichfield?

Am, I to believe that dentists no longer hold all the posts that wield power?[/quote] Only when their dental instruments are in my mouth!

13. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Are they only doing 3 weeks these days. We did a whole 4 in mine. Plus the time spent either side on the DOMIC (Dental Officer Military Initiation Course) Which consisted of the special to Corps stuff as well as time with our RAMC officers doing bits and pieces.

Don't even mention loyalty, if there was then then I wouldn't have been out all these years.

14. maninblack

And there I rest my case, be they army, navy or air force the ones in charge are still dentists with no management training beyond the knife and fork/vicars and tarts course.

15. Thank you.....Exactly what I am talking about! All the back hand deals, Commandant RADC Aldershot, Others at AMD, Northan Region etc,etc.