• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Royal Army Dental Corps.....

Hi,

I heard a rumour that the RADC has been dispanded, and become part of the RAMC is this true?

I also heard that the Royal Welsh have taken the RADC stable belt as theres?

Am I having my leg pulled or is this true?

Brace yourself for this ...... Your crowning comment certainly caps the situation and its wisdom gets to the root of the matter.....and is most incisive.

Enough.

......any room under your coat?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I should hope not.

It's still very much a separate corps in the same way the QA are but all three work together as AMS, Army Medical Services.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Conrad_Cock said:
Fang_Farrier said:
I should hope not.

It's still very much a separate corps in the same way the QA are but all three work together as AMS, Army Medical Services.
Perhaps all three work as the AMS despite each other
Well I can definitely recall one or two very good relationships with some QAs!

Ideas are bubbling however,at Ministerial level,about having a single Royal Army Medical Service doing the lot.
That should make certain Dental officers shit themselves,trying to be proper officers.

An expert on what? Resurrecting old threads or spouting bollocks? The great thing about the interweb is that it attracts all sorts of idiocy and armchair theorists and you clearly fit into the former and probably the latter too. No matter, they usually get ignored and/or bored fairly rapidly and disappear up their own self-righteous chuff spouting something along the lines of 'It was never like that in MY day,' or 'When I was in we did this and that and it was brilliant.'

Enjoy the site, you'll find some illuminating characters on it, some of whom know a damn sight more than you do and are ever so slightly more stylish about it too.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I recall the merger rumour being told a as gospel truth back in 1986!

And 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, etc

Do you get hint or do I need to go on.

An expert on what? Resurrecting old threads or spouting bollocks? The great thing about the interweb is that it attracts all sorts of idiocy and armchair theorists and you clearly fit into the former and probably the latter too. No matter, they usually get ignored and/or bored fairly rapidly and disappear up their own self-righteous chuff spouting something along the lines of 'It was never like that in MY day,' or 'When I was in we did this and that and it was brilliant.'

Enjoy the site, you'll find some illuminating characters on it, some of whom know a damn sight more than you do and are ever so slightly more stylish about it too.
Touchy aren't we? Insults are the stock in trade of people who don't like other views.
I've only just joined the site & simply didn't realise how old the thread was, but we all learn by error & correction.

Theres alot of Tri Service speculation and rumour in the AMS at the moment. I think many options are up for discussion but recent successes in the state of Army Fitness do mean that the RADC is now in a better place to justify it's existence.

Were already effectively a tri service organisation and even if we were merged as the RAMC Medical branch or something similar, we'd still have a functional tri- service Dental HQ.

RADC Dentists and Dental Nurses are posted in Medical Regiments and Fd Hospitals now................feels lie the eighties again!

Latest Threads