Royal Anglian Regiment families to get new homes

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. They better be quick builders then!!! They move in Aug next year.
  3. Ok so , 260 houses , contract worth 46,000,000 = approx 177,000 per house , now given that as per the report the existing homes already exist so the land costs nothing , though there will be demolition costs .
    Are we paying the company that owns all the MOD housing stock to build new houses that they will own and collect the rent on ?
  4. They've started already!
  5. that'll be the Canadian estate that was condemned over 15 years ago, yet has recently had new rooves, and still houses numerous families!!
  6. Its not just the patch. Picton/Kiwi Bks and Ward Bks are just building sites at the mo.
  7. Whereabouts are these new houses being built in Bulford?
  8. Most of the families are out of the Canadian estate now and a ground investigation team have been out taking soil samples. It's about time those houses got replaced, they are bloody awful. Little in the way of insulation, no double glazing and pretty run down. Depending on what type of design they chose it takes up to 12 weeks to construct a house. If they throw man power at the job it is achivable to get them in by next August but it will be a push.
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Homes for Royal Anglian families - £46 million seems a lot for a Trailer Park!!
  10. Hmm hardly seems cheap to me bet the builder was rubbing his hands when he signed that deal
  11. The cynic in me says to watch for an an announcement that the barracks will be sold off when the houses are nearing completion, throwing 260 new houses at the private market as an encouragement for developers to take over the site.
  12. I wonder if there is an ex officer on the board of whatever firm is being used.
  13. Errrr no - they havn't.................but they have started boarding up the old estate
  14. £177,000 will build a timber frame (or brick and block) four bedroom house with detached garage and land...................someone is making a very tidy profit again!!!!!!!
  15. In 1994 as my father was serving his final months as a WO1 living in the officer quarters at the other end of Bulford Camp they had to move us out a few months early as they were renovating all houses on the estate. They told my Dad we were to move in to a house on this estate (known appropriately as the Rabbit Hutches), he immediately went to see his OC and said "not on your nelly, sir. My wife, two kids and two dogs would never fit inside that house so I would like to be moved to a bigger house! ...Sir."
    We moved into a much better sized house 275 metres away on Hampshire Close. A privilege of rank? :))