Royal and Percy fighting in WWII conditions

And the Beeb also provides a couple of short reports about it from Lt Roberts, 59 Cdo, Capt Glendenning, RA and L/Cpl Talbot and Marine Georgiou, 42 Cdo. HERE

plant_life said:
Good effort. I'm pretty sure you will get some kn0b commenting on the state of their kit, beards etc though.
Well what can you expect, some of those photos show the true state of the equipment - That officer didn't even have a stick! Hows he supposed to face a machine gun without a stick? :D

IT_Guy said:
plant_life said:
Good effort. I'm pretty sure you will get some kn0b commenting on the state of their kit, beards etc though.
Well what can you expect, some of those photos show the true state of the equipment - That officer didn't even have a stick! Hows he supposed to face a machine gun without a stick? :D
Good effort!

No stick! We are told that today's youngsters have not got what it takes, but 'no stick' and still giving the Hun hell!

PS. It is still the Hun isn't it?

IT_Guy said:
plant_life said:
Didn’t the government ban canes as they are dangerous weapons? Or was that the threat of using offensive canes?

Nice to see the PWRR given an away day from the hard work and tribulations of Cyprus.

Good to see Offog has his finger on the pulse!!

2 PWRR are the Theatre Reserve Battalion and have had troops deployed in Afg since May 08. With another 8 months to run on the task, most if not all the soldiers will be looking at 2nd or 3rd stints in Afg. Not a six month tour but 2 or 3 cycles of 3-4 month stints in a 14 month period. Ask their young riflemen if they'd prefer six months then return to the UK rather than Cyprus and you'll be surprised at the answer. Ayia Nappa still out of bounds too!

Of course sticks have been banned, one might strike a person with it, and corporal punishment is not allowed

Seriously, fantastic effort to all involved. Well done gentlemen

Latest Threads