Rowan Williams: Christianity "Offensive to Muslims"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AndyPipkin, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The actual headline

Christian doctrine offensive to Muslims, says Archbishop of Canterbury

Which itself is misleading, as Dr. Williams actually says..........

He then further says

Trying to get an outrage bandwagon going Pipkin , and misrepresent the Telegraph and Dr. Williams into the bargain?

2. Outrage wagon, driven by Pipkin i am shocked, truly. And Mis quoting too, doubly shocked

one would think he was a member of the legal profession 8O

3. I'm outraged at the possibility that pipkin may be trying to get a outrage wagon into the fast lane. If this is not the case then I will be outraged at PTP's outrageous allegation.......

4. 1500 years ago christians were killing each other over this very point. One of the groups (the monophysites) converted to Islam when they were conquered by the muslims. Doubt this conflict will ever change ... so we may as well wipe the 'peace loving' F'ers out right now and steal their oil.

5. Why is Williams tarring Muslims with the Salaafi brush? He really needs to get new advisers like the concept of the human form of the godhead does *not exist in Islamic thought!

Have to admit for the first time ever I share Pipkin's outrage albeit for very different reasons!

* so out raged that I forgot my 't'

6. So in fact by your analysis Castlereagh, the future headline should read

"Rowan Williams offensive to Muslims"?

Keep going your Holiness, you'll get there in the end :D

7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

"Priest admits different religions contradict each other" is hardly news.

"We're all different, and none of us are perfect. Do we really need to keep blowing each other up?" I think that's a pretty sensible comment, if a little optimistic.

8. Now thats just silly, busses are not allowed in the third lane of the motorway and are restricted to 60mph anyway (or is it now 56mph to bring us in line with Europe?)

Not much of a story though, 'different religions disagree with each other'

9. Error.

Should read:

"Rowan Williams offensive to British public"

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Someone better tell those christians and muslims living cheek by jowl all over the Middle East, er, and the rest of the world too.

They are sure to be absolutely horrified! Not to mention the fact that christians MIGHT possibly be a little offended that the jews helped the romans kill jesus, or worse, that the spiritual heart of the christian faith is in the very land from where his killers came - in fact, IT'S IN ROME FFS!!!!

Pogroms and Pimms all round, huzzzaaaaaa!

[​IMG]

11. Not only Muslims I would suspect but I take it that little PTP never went to RE lessons then? :wink:

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Now you're just splitting hairs! Rowan is offensive to everyone, no matter which religion OR BRANCH!

13. So there should be outrage with Williams. The man appears to be a liability. He is not even accurate in his apparent understanding of biblical matters. The doctrine of the Trinity does not, in fact, conflict with the Islamic teaching that there is one all-powerful God. The truth of the Holy Trinity is clearly illustrated in the ancient Jewish books and does not in any way provide a conflict with the doctrine of there being one all-powerful God.
    Judaism and Christianity and Islam all refer to just one all-powerful God.
    The Trinity is three persons in one Godhead, not three seperate Gods.
    So how is his statement true?
    It quite simply isn't. It's also a strange way to word it implying it's Christianity's doctrines that conflict with Islamic teaching, rather than the Islamic teachings that conflict with Christianity's doctrines.
    Doctrines are the base lines and moveable teachings that contradict are the things that should be questioned.
    Bend over far enough Williams and you'll get us all shafted :roll:

14. Nonsense, he was very funny in Blackadder! :)