Row Over Jesus Picture

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jackhackett, Oct 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Airport worker suspended for hanging picture of JC on a staff room wall. Wonder how the aiport management justified that?

Now, imagine if the picture in question was of the Prophet Mohammed and airport management removed it. How long do you think it would take for Muslims to become 'outraged and offended' not to mention the ensuing uproar!

Jesus Christ! (sic)
  2. Was it a photo?
  3. A workplace staff room is not the place to unilateraly decide to hang up a sacred heart picture. That said, it does seem like the airport over-reacted a bit here. Oh, and Muslims hanging up a picture of Mohammed is supremely unlikely, given that visual representation of the Prophet is banned in Islam!
  4. Airport management - did they not learn from the BA fiasco a few months back with that woman wearing her crucifix? :roll:

If it was a phot it would be black and white, don't think they had colour in those days. :)
  5. spot on wedge
  6. Its fine, providing no one objects if I stick up a sign that says "Jesus was a fraud and anyone who believes in God is an imbecile."
  7. Quite, we should reserve the right to put up a picture of any historical figure we want.
  8. Bat-Crab

ah, but are we sure he actually existed??
  9. It's the gravy question - consistancy, if no one is allowed to put up "religious" pictures or wear religious dress, then what's the problem?
  10. I'd like to see you do that replacing "Jesus" with "Mohammed"....
  11. We are almost certain he existed, it's the "Son of God" bit that's b0llocks.
  12. Well that's true, he can't be 'cos I am

13. Indeed, that bit wasn't declared as Christian doctrine until the first Council of Nicea in 325
  14. You misunderstand Oecumenical Councils, Old Chap
  15. Would the God botherers object to a picture of Darwin?