Rovio mobile webcam

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ravers, Mar 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Does anyone have any experience of these?

Basically it is a remote control webcam that can travel to pre-set waypoints.

I am thinking of getting one to use as a mobile CCTV unit for my workplace.

Any ideas how robust they are? Do they last long? I would be using it in a large workshop environment to carry out roaming patrols during out of work hours as an additional CCTV camera to complement my fixed devices.

To be perfectly honest I don't really need one, but I think they look cool and I like the idea of driving it around while I am at home. If an alarm was triggered I could simply fire up the Rovio, drive it to where the intruder is and tell them to fcuk off, while catching a close up image of their face, all this from the comfort of my sofa.

I'm also thinking it might impress the old bill when they come round for my next security inspection.

What do you reckon?
  2. Looks gucci. Buy it.
  3. Ravers

That's all the advice I need.

4. And when the intruder sees it looking up at him-there is nothing stopping him from twatting it with his big crow bar!
  5. Ravers

By then it would've recorded their image and I would have it saved on my laptop at home.

If I was a burglar type walking around a dark factory at night and that thing came up to me telling me to get the fcuk out and that an armed response unit was 5 minutes away, I would probably brick it.
  6. Or nicking it. :)
  7. How much is it?
  8. Best warn him first. He might be impressed but you won't be after he's beaten the thing half to death.
  9. Heh! I just saw this thread and my immediate thought was "It looks shiny so you obviously need to buy it - WTF are you asking us for?!"
  10. Ravers

You can pick these up for £150 so I have now ordered one based entirely on Smudge and Dozybint's sound advice.

If it turns out to be cool I might get another one for breeding purposes and to wind up the missus at home.
  11. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I might get one for the office. It would be awesome for cheeky up-skirt shots.