ROVER RIP

:evil:

The 6.5 Mil bribe will be dwarfed by the 150 mil (plus) that gets spent in Bham as severence and "New Deals" this election year...

I am sad for the loyal workers of this fallen (won't say giant) company but I doubt that anyone else made redundant would receive such care and attention in a non-election year!

The cancellation of speeches etc by Bliar, last ditch phone calls to Shanghai. Was this one of the reasons an early election was called? Is this one of the ticking time-bombs they hoped to avoid?

Can they blame the Conservatives for this one? Will this stop Bozo Byers ever making a return to front line Government...

DISCUSS:

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com

"There is an obvious solution to MG Rover's problems," writes a reader, "and I am really quite surprised nobody has yet proffered it. It is as follows. In order to ensure that MG Rover remains fully funded in perpetuity, all the government need do is introduce a Motor Vehicle Licence of say £116 a year, which would be payable by everybody who owns any car. If you own more than one car, the MVL would be the same, and if your car is black or white you'd get a discount.
"There are about 20 million cars in the UK so this would bring in £2.3 billion a year for MG Rover, a national treasure that the world envies. Thanks to the unique way MGR would be funded, it would no longer need to worry about producing anything people actually want. It would rake in billions a year whether anyone bought a single car or not, and no matter how third-rate its output, we'd all be forced to pay for it regardless.

"To ensure full compliance, the MVL would be enforced by the MVLA, which would criminally prosecute anyone caught without an MVL and would send detector vans around to spy on people to make sure they don't own any cars. It would assume that anyone who says they don’t own a car at all is lying and it would harass them continually with aggressive letters and vague threats.

"At only £116 a year or barely 35p a day, nobody could reasonably claim they cannot afford this, and it goes without saying that everyone benefits from MG Rover's existence even if they have never used one of the company's products and never intend to.

"With an income stream on this scale, it wouldn't be long before MG Rover became a bloated bureaucracy of 60,000 penpushing lefties all sucking a living off the state teat - God bless them all."

Interestingly enough, John Towers was on the news earlier on today claiming that he and his co-directors had not made any unreasonable gains from Rover/BMW sale - their salaries and pension funds were modest in comparison to the rest of industry. He claims he was only getting 200k pa salary, as opposed to what had been reported on the news.

B

Biscuits_AB

The Rover tax free car sales at the end of the Sennelager strip and the one in JHQ must be sh*tting themselves.

They both rip squaddies off anyway so I'm glad that they're f*cked.

Anybody at any of these two locations have a look at the MGF for 9995 pounds. The price ticket is on a higher spec model than what you get just to intice you in.

I'm hoping that Rovers closure hurts these thievin' ex pat c*nts where it hurts most.........in the bank balance.

Latest Threads