ROUTE PLANNER

Can anyone recommend a simple route planner I can use on my desk top?

I need to set the start and finish points and then there will be 10 to 30 stop off points in between.

I need the planner to optimise the route for the shortest distance between start and finish visiting all points inbetween.

I had a £60 garmin sat nav that did this perfectly but unfortunately I dropped it and now have to use the much more expensive Tom Tom that the company supply but which doesn’t have this feature!!

I did try this but you can only plan up to 20 stops before you have to start paying for it.

RouteXL - fastest route with multiple stops

Last edited:
Yes I can add as many points as I want but it only visits them in the order I input them.

I need it to sort them into the shortest route.

Can anyone recommend a simple route planner I can use on my desk top?

I need to set the start and finish points and then there will be 10 to 30 stop off points in between.

I need the planner to optimise the route for the shortest distance between start and finish visiting all points inbetween.

I had a £60 garmin sat nav that did this perfectly but unfortunately I dropped it and now have to use the much more expensive Tom Tom that the company supply but which doesn’t have this feature!!

I did try this but you can only plan up to 20 stops before you have to start paying for it.

RouteXL - fastest route with multiple stops
You delivering some chicken burgers?

Or have a look at this:

Route Planner - Find the Best Route with our Multi Stop Route Planner | MyRouteOnline

Does up to 350 stops. Most of the ones I looked at before had a 20 stop limit unless you put your hand in your pocket. As I never did more than 3-4 stops I realised it was a waste of time.

However it might be worthwhile for 20+ stops.

There is no real solution to this. It’s the Travelling Salesman Problem and is an NP-Hard problem.

Good luck.

Latest Threads