Route Irish by Ken Loach

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Bollock-chops, May 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone seen this yet?

Just seen it in HMV but wanted to know if its any good or if its going to cause a bout of sofa rage.
  2. There was a review in Soldier Mag recently. Said it was the usual anti-soldier distorted, no research, story shot full of holes type right on film. They could be wrong though.
  3. HHH

HHH LE

I watched it last night,I wasn't impressed with it as a film at all, let alone the anti British Army slant it contains.
    For instance it shows the video of the soldiers beating up rioters in Basra in early 2004, for no reason to do with the plot.
    Also it keeps alluding to torture and abuse was wide spread in the British Army & British security contractors.
    As for any action, your clip above contains most of it and your wife will not see much of John Bishop.
    Mark Womack doesn't appear convincing in the role as ex SAS and security contractor.
    But that is only my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!!
  4. I am halfway through and recognised one of the characters, Craig Lundberg playing the part of Craig.

Craig's Blog
  5. Excellant film loved every minute of it Mark Womack I thought was especially good as Fergus the contractor and John Bishop was pretty good in a small role all in all a good flick
  6. On now. Circuit my arrse.