"Route 2" for Sandhurst applicants

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by x6655321, Apr 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is really a "pre-training" question... I've tried searching the forums for this but no luck.

From armyjobs.mod.uk:

"Route 2 – for sixth form leavers, undergraduates, graduates and career changers (with appropriate A levels or SCE Highers)
    Applicants attend a selection briefing, followed by a three-day selection process
    Applicants must successfully complete a series of mental and physical tests
    Applicants are tested for their suitability as an officer
    Successful applicants will be offered a place at Sandhurst"

When does this selection process take place, and where? I presume there are several locations,
    but is are these tests carried out several times a year? If applying for a place in January, say,
    is there a particular application deadline, or a particular selection day?

FYI I will be visiting a careers advisor but that won't be for a few weeks, and I'm quite curious about this.

Also, any advice about preparing for these tests or Sandhurst in general would be very welcome.

Thanks

2. This is the bog standard route that 95% of officers follow. Speak to a careers advisor first. You will be then guided towards a few Corps or Regiments for initial visits, then attend a Pre-RCB briefing. You will then attend the 3 day Regular Commissions Board and be assesssed along the lines you quoted. If you are successful then you will head to Sandhurst for a year of fun and games.

Best of luck.

3. This is the standard Regular Commissions Board process, an awful lot of information about which is available in the stickies in the Officers' forum.

The 24 hour briefing and three/four day assessments are carried out virtually every week, at Westbury in Wiltshire.

sm.

4. Thank you very much, that's just what I needed to know. Westbury's close by as well.