Round the Back of The NAAFI

This is the first time I've started a thread. I'm doing so now to, respectfully, make a suggestion.

How about a designated thread or sub-forum where people can go together if they want to seriously & abusively kick off at each other? So, when there's a thread going nicely, and someone feels like a punch-up that's got feck-all to do with the banter or the subject - & that's the important bit - they can say "Right, tw&t, I'll see you round the back of the Naafi" (or "In the Ring", or "Outside" or whatever). People could even invite themselves out for a fight. Humble suggestion, but might stop a few threads getting trashed.

Is this a sexual thing for you.

This is the first time I've started a thread. I'm doing so now to, respectfully, make a suggestion.

How about a designated thread or sub-forum where people can go together if they want to seriously & abusively kick off at each other? So, when there's a thread going nicely, and someone feels like a punch-up that's got feck-all to do with the banter or the subject - & that's the important bit - they can say "Right, tw&t, I'll see you round the back of the Naafi" (or "In the Ring", or "Outside" or whatever). People could even invite themselves out for a fight. Humble suggestion, but might stop a few threads getting trashed.
You'll have more luck herding mongs into a Deltic shed at a BBQ (eggs optional) using an SLR as advised by His Eminence etc

Like all of the above, thread crayoning, virtual fighting and bitching is part of arrse and just isn't going away.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Come on then, fatty.

Bring it on.

Or are you getting emotional about something someone has said via pixels to you?

You should move on.

No, Snail. Nothing directed at me. Just having seen a dust-up on a thread earlier where it got crayonned out of existence.

I see Phantom's point, though. Was just a suggestion...

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT

Serious answer - normally hand-bagging dross is moderated out of a thread (sometimes discreetly to prevent flaming the argument further) when that thread has merit.

Sometimes a warning is given on the thread to take it to PMs or one I normally choose is "feel free to start a cunt-off thread in the ARRSE Hole".

And sometimes the hand-bagging is almost as good as the thread itself - especially when the member with the handbag is a bit of a wordsmith; the internet equivalent of rubber-necking. The added bonus of this final option is that those posts remain in place because (usually) the contributor will wake up the following morning and after realising he missed the bucket by his bed (again) and has quaffed the kebab off the radiator, he can log in and have a proper "WTF" moment when he comes to review his last 50-odd posts, warnings and PMs - shortly before looking around the bedsit for signs of hidden cameras and Jeremy Beadle, having spent the last hour desperately trying to convince himself that it couldn't possibly have been him...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It's this new touchy feely style of modding. Smiting transgressors is just so patriarchal and militaristic; offenders are now invited to keep a "reflective diary" rather than receiving a hammer to the scrotum.

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
Serious answer - normally hand-bagging dross is moderated out of a thread (sometimes discreetly to prevent flaming the argument further) when that thread has merit.

Sometimes a warning is given on the thread to take it to PMs or one I normally choose is "feel free to start a ****-off thread in the ARRSE Hole".

And sometimes the hand-bagging is almost as good as the thread itself - especially when the member with the handbag is a bit of a wordsmith; the internet equivalent of rubber-necking. The added bonus of this final option is that those posts remain in place because (usually) the contributor will wake up the following morning and after realising he missed the bucket by his bed (again) and has quaffed the kebab off the radiator, he can log in and have a proper "WTF" moment when he comes to review his last 50-odd posts, warnings and PMs - shortly before looking around the bedsit for signs of hidden cameras and Jeremy Beadle, having spent the last hour desperately trying to convince himself that it couldn't possibly have been him...
You're talking about @CorpTax aka "Camberwell Carrot & The Goblet of Domestos" again aren't you?

Latest Threads